New Gun Shop on Potranco?

Discussion in 'San Antonio' started by D-Day, Nov 13, 2009.

1. D-Day

D-Day Active Member

Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I was driving on Potranco, outside the 1604 and noticed a new store. It said something like "Locked and Loaded: Guns and Gear". I didn't stop because I was busy, but it looked interesting. Does anyone know anything about it? Sorry if the name is a little off.

2. D-Day

D-Day Active Member

Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I stopped by the shop today. The name is Lock-N-Load-Guns and Gear. The gentleman I talked to was nice and seemed very personable. He stated they had been open for a month and business was good. The gun selection was very limited, but he said they used 8 wholesalers and would find you a good deal on anything you want. The offer a one day CHL class, and it cost $100. The best thing he said is they do a $20 FFL transfer. That's great news to me because it is only a mile down the road. Like I said the selection is limited, but they seem nice and I am certain the store will get more inventory as they get more business.

3. Skip

Skip TGT Addict

Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Thats good news, I will have to check them out. I am over here in Helotes, so I'm pretty close. Thanks for passing along the info.

4. Texas Bulldog

Texas Bulldog Active Member

Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Great news... seems like "Good" gun shops here are pretty hard to come across.... IMO..

I'll have to swing by :)

JOe

5. D-Day

D-Day Active Member

Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Don't get your hopes up if you stop by as they have very little on hand. I bet there were 15 pistol and 15 long guns. From talking with him it seems they will have more inventory as the business grows, but for FFL transfers they seem great. If you are looking for something specific he said he will check with his wholesalers and offer the best price. I am curious to see if this will happen.

6. jsimmons

jsimmons Active Member

Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    $20 FFL? Potranco is a lot closer than my current FFL up 281 by the airport (who also does $20 FFL).

$100 for CHL class is too high though. You can find it much cheaper.

7. 81aggie

81aggie Member

Jul 4, 2009
    San Antonio
    Sounds interesting, I'll also have to check this place out. Would be a good location and price for me to use as an FFL.

8. Colt Delta Elite

Colt Delta Elite New Member

Mar 11, 2008
    San Antonio
    Good to know...

Thanks for the "heads up". It's always nice to know of another FFL transfer agent that doesn't charge an arm & a leg.

9. Skip

Skip TGT Addict

Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Stopped by there today to check it out, nice guy and all...I think he said his name was Mike. Not much in there yet, he mentioned that he had a leather guy who was reasonable.

10. D-Day

D-Day Active Member

Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yeah, Mike is who I talked to. It seems like it has potential, but only time will tell. It has a lot of empty space, but as they start selling hopefully it will fill up.