• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I was driving on Potranco, outside the 1604 and noticed a new store. It said something like "Locked and Loaded: Guns and Gear". I didn't stop because I was busy, but it looked interesting. Does anyone know anything about it? Sorry if the name is a little off.
    Texas SOT

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I stopped by the shop today. The name is Lock-N-Load-Guns and Gear. The gentleman I talked to was nice and seemed very personable. He stated they had been open for a month and business was good. The gun selection was very limited, but he said they used 8 wholesalers and would find you a good deal on anything you want. The offer a one day CHL class, and it cost $100. The best thing he said is they do a $20 FFL transfer. That's great news to me because it is only a mile down the road. Like I said the selection is limited, but they seem nice and I am certain the store will get more inventory as they get more business.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Thats good news, I will have to check them out. I am over here in Helotes, so I'm pretty close. Thanks for passing along the info.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Don't get your hopes up if you stop by as they have very little on hand. I bet there were 15 pistol and 15 long guns. From talking with him it seems they will have more inventory as the business grows, but for FFL transfers they seem great. If you are looking for something specific he said he will check with his wholesalers and offer the best price. I am curious to see if this will happen.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    $20 FFL? Potranco is a lot closer than my current FFL up 281 by the airport (who also does $20 FFL).

$100 for CHL class is too high though. You can find it much cheaper.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Stopped by there today to check it out, nice guy and all...I think he said his name was Mike. Not much in there yet, he mentioned that he had a leather guy who was reasonable.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yeah, Mike is who I talked to. It seems like it has potential, but only time will tell. It has a lot of empty space, but as they start selling hopefully it will fill up.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yeah just 1-2 miles outside. It is kind of hidden but if you are looking you will find it. It is right before the big fireworks stand on the right side. It is a little white building with a garage door on the left side of it.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Stopped by there a few weeks ago, they were very friendly (I also talked with Mike) and also saw their very limited selection. They also carry ammo but I didn't check the prices. Being in close proximity to the Bullethole they might steal some of their business, especially when it comes to ammo if they are cheaper (but Walmart just up the road usually carries a fair supply of handgun ammo at decent prices). They will have a struggle to get up to speed but I wish them the best of luck, it's always nice having another gun shop in town!

Cheers! M2

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    This is great news to those of us here on the Northwest Side of S.A. I was heading out there a few weeks ago but when I pulled in there were cops and ambulances all over the place. you couldnt even tell what was going on in the parkling lot. I passed by this passed weekend and they were still open so I assume everything is okay now. I hope the are still doing transfers for 20.00!!!!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    We drove by it on Saturday and it appears to be doing a good business. However, from what I could tell from the street, they still have a very limited selection...

mrstead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    San Antonio, Texas
    lock & load on potranco

I shop there all the time now, they have great prices and will negotiate on prices, I buy ammo from them and they offer bulk prices. All the guys there are really cool. You should definitely check them out.

Top Bottom