• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Well very interesting weekend down here at saxet gun show..

Long lines, high prices, changed atmosphere. It is too bad that we are moving back in that direction.

Anyway I have been shooting since i was about 7 years old and have not stopped since. I reload standard calibers have a semi-large collection but I really just use about 4 weapons.

xd 9
    fn spr .308
    Bushy Ar 15
    and a trusty over & under for bird hunting.

I do a little class 3.

Thats about it!! glad to be a part of a more local board as I am coming from arf.com

Well i saw another guy put some posts of his weapons.. i have to top that right??? for my ego that is??

*edit* i noticed a lot of people posting NEWBIE. I am not an expert and very opinionated however if any of you new guys have any questions I can always find time to help out regarding most rifle, pistols, reloading, class 3, gen2 - gen3 night vision, etc

Jeremy
    Target Sports

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
      Picture 003.jpg
      55.3 KB · Views: 157
    • Picture016.gif
      Picture016.gif
      12.4 KB · Views: 155
    • CanonSD450012-1.jpg
      CanonSD450012-1.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 166

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The show was a bit crazy wasn't it? I've been going there for years and haven't ever seen it that crowded. I'm there almost every month, I'm the guy wearing the orange Texas Gun Talk shirt.

Welcome to the forum.

erndog105

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Austex, I assume with those scopes you do some long range shooting. Am I correct and if so where do you go? I would like to get into this type of shooting using a bolt action sniper if I can find the right one.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Erndog i do ..... Unfortunately/fortunately for me the land I hunt/shoot/etc on is private. My friends uncle happens to be a big oil man down in Houston. He has a wonderful peice of property near Charco County/and Goliad.. 3k acres of gentle rolling hills and its like the wildlife capital of the world out there.. you name it ive seen it.

Anyway if you had the rifle out there you could take 2000 yard shots.. there are also great elevation shots out there and senderos that go for a mile.. so if the winds bad and you dont feel like practicing your holdoffs you can get down in them and shoot without much effort..

If you dont have private property.. dont give up.. a big part of shooting at distance is learning the basics.. I know there are a few 300 yard ranges and you can still practice and get to know your rifle.. Its how you should start regardless

If i get rich im going to open a 1000 yard range outside of Austin... just fyi

My friends and I do go praire dog hunting about once a year up in kansas where i hold the record of a confirmed pdog kill at just over 600 yards. I took 2 shots at one at 750 however i missed both shots about 6 inches low

enough gloating though!!! I am not an authority on the subject however I know a few people that are.. However I can answer many basic questions and point you in the right direction on the firearms, parts and accessories, and handloading for a handful of the bolt actions in .308 .300 win .300 wsm and 30.06 .

Top Bottom