• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2017
    Cypress
    I do go to Hot Wells to shoot rifles... Can't beat the price, although I have to admit I haven't been there since they replaced all the benches after the tax day floods of last year.
    I usually go to Shiloh for pistols; They're much more flexible on letting you do rapid fire / drills. Seems every time I go to Hot Wells for pistol, I have the RO's warning me that I have to allow a full 2 seconds between shots. Plus in the summertime, it's nice to not be drenched in sweat all the time! :)

Yeah, i dumped a fair amount of $$ into my K5 as well, but as a cash-strapped youngster when the tranny finally let go I ended up getting rid of it. I got a Wrangler now and once again it is amazing how quickly the costs add up when you start customizing it!

I have been to Shiloh also. Its a great laid back place. I like it too for pistol shooting.
    Wranglers are nice I bet it does cost a lot to modify. ( I seriously thought about buying a Rubicon before I bought my F-150) I'm actually working on getting bigger tires and leveling my F-150 king ranch 4x4.

Jwr1221

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Houston, TX
    If I'm in Cypress! You're in Cypress!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ha, yep! I usually just say ballpark it and say "NW corner of Houston near Cypress"...
    BTW, I was watching your posts about the creek during Harvey since you're practically right across the road from me (if i recall correctly...)

Go to Shiloh indoor range. You can definitely rapid fire, and they support IDPA/USPSA on Thursday night.
    I agree; I usually make the trek up to Shiloh if I'm going to shoot pistol. Not on a first name basis with the guys up there yet, but maybe someday :)! I assist on our security team at church and sometimes a group of us will go on a Sunday afternoon.

Also, we did fine in the storm; no issues in our neighborhood. Only thing was that tornado that touched down at the Berry Center was a little too close for comfort!

Josh

Top Bottom