• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob1796

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Colleyville
    Thanks for the welcomes.

I figure I might as well tell anyone reading a bit about myself because hey, where is a better place to randomly distribute information than the internet? What could possibly go wrong?

I'm 23, and have lived in Texas since I was seven. Born in Delaware (Delawhere?), and we moved to the Middle East (Dubai) where my dad work for AIG until I was seven. We moved back to the US to Mass (my entire family is from the north east) for a bit before moving down here. I am pretty Conservative, often being described as slightly more so than say, Atilla the Hun. That made college real interesting.

Graduated from college a year ago from Westminster College in Fulton, MO. For the history buffs, that is where Winston Churchill gave the Iron Curtain adress, aka the Sinews of Peace. Its also the home of Maria Gonzales and the Chenny/Kerry speech debacle, but don't get me started on any of that. We also have a chunk of the Berlin wall, and Regan gave a speech here as well. Also, the Polish President Lech Walesa came to campus, and spit on the statue of Winston Churchill saying this man sold out the Polish. I'm not going to bore you with the full list, so just Wiki the Kemper Lecture Series.

I decided to get some "real world" in me before finishing my education. Taking the LSATs first week of October, hoping to stay local to the DFW area for Law School. I don't really wanna be a practicing lawyer, would much rather be a lobbyist, I love grass roots movements. So, if any of you know anyone willing to hook a brother up...

I actually do not own any firearms at the moment for the simple economic fact that it isn't feasible. I dropped the ball numerous times up in Mid MO to get good guns for cheap, and now I am kicking myself for it...especially the $255 good condition L1A1 with three magazines. However, I am getting my CHL here in a few weeks, looking forward to that.

I like firearms for the same reason I like cars (I'm a total car guy, so the "car forum" on here is a plus). There is just something so cool about having all these working parts come together to form a cohesive piece of machinery that works with mechanical precision. Almost makes you teary eyed. Anything else ya wanna know, just ask.

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    Welcome aboard. You will find a great variety of people, a full range of great expertise and good diversity of opinions.
    All of this... and a bag of chips!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I like firearms for the same reason I like cars (I'm a total car guy, so the "car forum" on here is a plus). There is just something so cool about having all these working parts come together to form a cohesive piece of machinery that works with mechanical precision. Almost makes you teary eyed. Anything else ya wanna know, just ask.

Good to have you here Rob! I am the exact same way. I absolutely love cars (mainly sports cars and muscle cars). For me a lot of it is about the intricate mechanics involved, just as you mentioned. It's amazing that some group of engineers somewhere can come up with this stuff and make it work, whether it be firearms, sports cars, electronics, etc.

Top Bottom