• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robo4642

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Hey ya'll just wanted to introduce myself. Moving to Houston in the next month from the blue ridge mountains of Virginia. Looking forward to some good food and warmer weather. I've only been to Houston twice and from what I saw it will be a big change from what I'm used to. Looking forward to it though.

Aaron
    Military Camp

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Welcome to Houston.

Any idea in what part of Houston you'll settle? It's a big place.

Robo4642

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Looks like I will be settling in Pearland. The guy I am going to work for lives there and he told me that would be a good place to start. The business I will be working for is on the south side of Houston outside of the actual city from what I can tell. I am coming down May 1st with my wife to look at places to rent.

Robo4642

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014

Wow that club looks really nice. It looks like the membership is effectively closed for the next two years though. They state the wait list is closed until they go through the 1100 currently on it.

Does anyone know the situation with shooting on your own property around Houston? I am sure it is illegal in the city limits but how far do you have to get away before you are in a county that does allow it?

franzas - your not that far from me, I live in Charlottesville. I go to short pump every once in awhile, or shoot over to Greentop for primers.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    IIRC minimum 10 acres (not a distance from city) to shoot on your land.

No one ever thinks about it cuz we all have 100K+ acres.

;) Welcome

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Wow that club looks really nice. It looks like the membership is effectively closed for the next two years though. They state the wait list is closed until they go through the 1100 currently on it.

Does anyone know the situation with shooting on your own property around Houston? I am sure it is illegal in the city limits but how far do you have to get away before you are in a county that does allow it?

franzas - your not that far from me, I live in Charlottesville. I go to short pump every once in awhile, or shoot over to Greentop for primers.

I live at Green Top

Last edited:

Robo4642

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    IIRC minimum 10 acres (not a distance from city) to shoot on your land.

No one ever thinks about it cuz we all have 100K+ acres.

;) Welcome

Must be nice to be rich ;)

I've been spoiled here with plenty of land to shoot on and a private club that is open 8am to 10pm seven days a week. Makes it nice because I have kids so I help with homework and stuff after work, then a few nights a week run down to the club and shoot for an hour or two. Doesn't look like that's going to be an option in Houston. That's okay though, things change life goes on etc.

Top Bottom