• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Hello everyone! I just found this site and it seems to be awesome. I live in Katy and have been in that area most of my life. Hope to meet some friendly people and gain as much knowledge as I can!!!

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    That armory was my brigade HQ. I got out last year. I was with 1/141 INF out of Camp Bullis in San Antonio. I have a couple buddies that drill there though.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    That armory was my brigade HQ. I got out last year. I was with 1/141 INF out of Camp Bullis in San Antonio. I have a couple buddies that drill there though.

Good to go , I was there with DET 1 1/133 as an FO briefly before going recruiting, chances are we know one another as I worked out of that armory for about 2 years before taking Liberty County as my area...

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Good to go , I was there with DET 1 1/133 as an FO briefly before going recruiting, chances are we know one another as I worked out of that armory for about 2 years before taking Liberty County as my area...

I bet we do. I served with an FO from that armory a while back. I don't remeber his name though. My old platoon Sergeant was there last time I heard. he is a 1st Sgt now. Simpson is his last name.

blazer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    San Antonio
    Moving to Katy, Copperfield Area. Any of you guys from Katy have an opinion of living near the intersection of hwy 6 and 529? I'm being relocated in Jan and have rented a house there. (close to the office)

I'm hoping it's a safe area. The neighborhood where I'm renting looks ok, but I noticed that you don't have to go far to find some scary places. Part of the reason why I applied for my CHL.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    That is an overall good area. I have lived there since around 1982. it has grown VERY much. Copperfield is a very safe area. Some smaller areas around there do look scary, but nothing much happens out here. However, I do have my CHL for when, not if. Welcome to the area!!!!! I am around Fry rd. and Clay Rd. now. I grew up around 529 and Fry.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Moving to Katy, Copperfield Area. Any of you guys from Katy have an opinion of living near the intersection of hwy 6 and 529? I'm being relocated in Jan and have rented a house there. (close to the office)

I'm hoping it's a safe area. The neighborhood where I'm renting looks ok, but I noticed that you don't have to go far to find some scary places. Part of the reason why I applied for my CHL.

Hwy 6 and FM 529 (Copperfield area) isn't in Katy though. Katy is maybe 10-15 miles southwest-ish. Copperfield is northwest Houston.

I grew up there, back when that was all farm and open land. When it developed it was all really nice areas. Over the years it changed as did the neighborhood I grew up in. I was blown away at how that area out there had gone down hill, but like you said, there's pockets of good and bad.

Welcome to Houston where zoning was a 40 year after thought.

For example, my sister and her family live in a neighborhood where homes sell for (keep in mind this isn't Kali and we're not on the bubble most of the country is) $400k to $700k that sits on the site of what was a nasty drug and crime infested apartment complex. Outside their 10' wall is both an old apartment very low income complex and 50-75 years old homes on large lots selling for market then being torn down and having new homes built. Over one wall they have a large commercial facility. And people beg to buy in there because of the location. Go figure.

Welcome to Texas!

blazer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    San Antonio
    thanks guys. The area is just south of 529 and just east of Queenston. It's a rental for a year until we figure out where we want to buy. Got to sell my house in SA. Regards!

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    thanks guys. The area is just south of 529 and just east of Queenston. It's a rental for a year until we figure out where we want to buy. Got to sell my house in SA. Regards!

SA = San Antonio? DOH! For some reason I thought you were moving from Kalifornia. :p So ignore the Kali and other parts of my rambling post.

Top Bottom