• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • plo231

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    Hello -
    I'm new to Texas and found this forum mentioned on arfcom. I'm an avid collector and try to shoot as much as I can. I moved here with my wife and kids this summer when I took a new job. We came from Connecticut where I was born and raised. 2A rights were not very good in CT and then the tragedy in Newtown happened. Needless to say, the SHTF with restrictive gun laws. I've wanted to get out of CT before, but the new gun laws gave me a solid reason to run.
    So far I really enjoy the people and area. The heat will take some getting use to, but at least it's not humid.
    I look forward to checking out and meeting new people in the forum.
    Sean
    ARJ Defense ad

ArmyZach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Joshua
    Welcome to Texas. Enjoy the brisket. And the freedom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Howdy!

Not humid?
    Maybe you ain't too far from me.
    Then again, ya could be 400 miles away.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Hello -
    I'm new to Texas and found this forum mentioned on arfcom. I'm an avid collector and try to shoot as much as I can. I moved here with my wife and kids this summer when I took a new job. We came from Connecticut where I was born and raised. 2A rights were not very good in CT and then the tragedy in Newtown happened. Needless to say, the SHTF with restrictive gun laws. I've wanted to get out of CT before, but the new gun laws gave me a solid reason to run.
    So far I really enjoy the people and area. The heat will take some getting use to, but at least it's not humid.
    I look forward to checking out and meeting new people in the forum.
    Sean

Welcome to Texas! You get used to the heat. Stay in during the day and enjoy your AC. The early mornings and late evenings are your buddy during the summer.

plo231

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I am close to Eagle Gun Range, so I should be doing some shooting soon. I've also just signed up for the CHL class at Quail Creek. I have a CT and Utah non-res pistol permit that are both recognized in TX, but I figure I'll go all in and get the TX CHL too.
    Thanks again!

Top Bottom