• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Hi. I joined up last night (more like this morning!) at about 3AM while I was surfing the net looking at all kinds of other stuff, and playing the "Mobsters" game on Myspace.
    I was raised in San Marcos from when I was 2, and after an 8 year stint in the USMC, and trying to live in Cali-NO GUNS ALLOWED-fornia, I returned home. I still consider San Marcos my home, even though my girlfriend and I live in New Braunfels (I am so trying to find a cheaper place in San Marcos!). I work for Cabela's in Buda, so the commute kinda sucks - definately not the worst ever, but I sure wouldn't mind living a bit closer to work.
    Aside from all that, I'm about as regular of a guy as you'll ever meet. I like meeting new people, and beer, and bar-b-que, and Mamacita's, and I still try to make the San Marcos High Scool games on Friday when I can.

I'm also pretty dang long winded, so I'll end this now before I write one of my famous "novels".

Anything else you want to know, feel free to ask. :cool:
    Lynx Defense

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Hey Dirty D!

I was in from 18JUN1990 to 23MAR1998. I know that's really only seven years and nine months, I just tell everyone I "did 8" so I don't have to launch into the whole story about how they don't always wait till the last day to re-enlist you, etc.

As for where? Well, I started out on Lejeune (1991-1992, then went to Marine Security Forces in Sasebo, Japan for two years (1992-1994), and finished out my tour on Pendleton. I did my initial re-enlistment out of that Security Force unit, so you can see why they were so quick to re-enlist me.

After that, I got out in 1998 (had WAY too much of Clinton!) and tried to live in California for a year and a half before I surrendered to my rapidly depleting bank account and moved back to good ol' Texas.

It's okay. Our women over here are WAY prettier than Cali!

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Hey Dirty D!

I was in from 18JUN1990 to 23MAR1998. I know that's really only seven years and nine months, I just tell everyone I "did 8" so I don't have to launch into the whole story about how they don't always wait till the last day to re-enlist you, etc.

As for where? Well, I started out on Lejeune (1991-1992, then went to Marine Security Forces in Sasebo, Japan for two years (1992-1994), and finished out my tour on Pendleton. I did my initial re-enlistment out of that Security Force unit, so you can see why they were so quick to re-enlist me.

After that, I got out in 1998 (had WAY too much of Clinton!) and tried to live in California for a year and a half before I surrendered to my rapidly depleting bank account and moved back to good ol' Texas.

It's okay. Our women over here are WAY prettier than Cali!
    Nice, I did 8 as well, after screwing around for five years after high school I joined in 98 and spent the majority of the next 5 years and change with 3rd Amphibious Assault Bn at Pendleton, doing a few UDPs to Okie and the surrounding area as well as a trip to Iraq from January of 03 to June, the last 2 and a half or so at the Amphibious Assault Schoolhouse as an instructor. When my time was up I left one hell of a dust trail from San Diego to Yuma, couldnt wait to get out of that God forsaken country, and then slowed down to enjoy the rest of the trip back home.

Top Bottom