• ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    50898939_Thai_ha.jpg

He's a tieland party boi . . rrrrrRRRRUUUUUNNNNNNNNN!!!
    DK Firearms

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    To address some of the peanut gallery:
    I don't throw low blows at Jakash every week. Maybe once or twice a month. Every week is that Alex guy that you had that illicit love affair with behind the berm at BOTW.
    I'll go to a local shoot soon. I just gotta arrange work around it, which isn't always easy.
    I've missed you, Kyle! How the hell are you?
    Savage was playing pocketpool the whole time "El Guapo" was speaking at the capitol. Then he went around with semi-sticky hands telling everyone that Ted Nugent groped him. Not quite sure how the story evolved to include me.
    Glockster sent me the green dress pictured FOUR times! I finally had to get his idol, Rod Farva to talk to him and let him know that I will NOT be trying on the dress and "skyping" with him.

:stir:

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    He's just worried that I'm gonna steal his Caitlyn Jenner posters. I told him I'm not interested, but he's SO damn paranoid about those things.

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    ... then went to Marine Security Forces in Sasebo, Japan for two years (1992-1994),

Small world!!

OK, you joined TGT WAY before I did, and rejoined a little after I joined, so I'm kind'a jumping into the middle of it all.

But I saw the word "Sasebo". Not a whole lot of us grok that word.

The USS Mars was homeported in Sasebo - I was on board when we shifted home port from Alameda, CA. Now the MARS was really just a cargo ship with a pair of 5" 50's on the bow. (Somalian pirates would'a had a bit of a problem! Not so much as even a DE, but we could hold our own at that level).

As we shifted ports, wives and household goods accompanied us. Milvans on the flight deck full'a furniture! Had a fenced compound on the main deck, dogs on one side in kennels, cats on the other. Smack dab in the middle was a big sandbox with a real honest-to-god fire hydrant in it. It was ...ummmm... well liquefied, if you know what I mean. Dogs were let out on the even hours, cats on the odd hours. Well...one dog kennel didn't latch too well when they were herded back in. In an hour, the cats came out, and that poor Schnauzer nudged his gate, and it opened! The dog said "Cats! Woo HOO!!! Lemme at 'em". Those cats about shredded that poor mutt. Doc Cardany had a most different patient than usual, receiving a LOT of stitches.

We ended up in Sasebo, where my first daughter was born. I do recall your detachment there providing security. Did good work. Very professional. '72-75 were the years. A little before your time.

MsDis shifted households from Daito Cho ( a little duplex 10 clicks east of town, on the economy, tatami mats, the works) to some westernized house high up in the hills, while we were in the Gulf of Tonkin. At least she met the ship and told me where "home" now was! Gotta say riding my bicycle TO work was easy, pedaling my butt UP those hills after work, not so much.

When we pulled into Yokuska during some exercise or other, I spied a reasonably price Honda Elsinore 250cc in the Navy Exchange. Bought it! In a bloody HEARTBEAT. That bunofasitch bicycle may still be sitting in the side-yard of that house way the @*&* up that hill.

Dang, what memories the use of the word "Sasebo" brought up!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom