• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Bump!
    Blisters new mom was at the meet Saturday.
    1st off, she's very grateful for every donation towards the vet bills. We both wiped some tears while she told of his journey.
    Now. He's over the mistreatment, but other issues have risen.
    His hips are failing. He's almost crippled. Last exam points to two possibilities. One requires hip replacements. $****
    The other is untreatable and the best they can do is keep him comfortable.
    The CT scan for proper diagnosis is mighty expensive itself.
    Along with his current meds.

So, if you can spare a little, I know it'll be appreciated and put to good use.

Thanks.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I've just got to put this out there.
    It may, or may not be relevant.

Sometimes one needs to realize the best thing for an animal is to let it go. Are you thinking more of yourself, or your pets best interests.

The dog in my avatar, Luger, developed cancer in his hip. There was an option to treat it, it involved removing the leg. He might have survived, but I wasn't going to put him through that because I loved him too much.

Fortunately, we were friends with the vet and he came to our house on the day we said goodbye to Luger.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Yeah Vaq, I was there while she was relating that story. To add, the untreatable part is IIRC, what they might be trying to treat now, but I could be wrong. Whatever it was, the drugs aren't working so far.

And she doesn't have the funds for the vet bills that may be required. IDK, it's never a good day when you have to put an animal down, especially a dog. But I'm with Cam, sometimes it's best for not only the animal, but the owner.

Throwing good money after bad for the same results and prolonging the inevitable while the animal suffers does no good.

I spent a lot of money ( to me) on Sammy. The last time he went to the vets, I spent nearly $400 for tests, and it came back with the result I was most afraid of. Sammy had FIP, and it was incurable. He managed to outlive his predicted prognosis, and seemed to be well up until about a week before he died.

If the treatments work, and he gets better, it's worth every penny we can give.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    For you necro haters, sorry to bring up an old thread.
    For those of you that remember, I thought you would like to know.
    Old age and illness finally caught up to Blister. He died yesterday. At least he had a good home and was loved the last 4 years.
    R.I.P. Blister. You earned it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Chuckcasey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    Old age and illness finally caught up to Blister. He died yesterday. At least he had a good home and was loved the last 4 years.

Really sorry to hear about Blister… I’ve been hoping that the lack of news was all good. Blister made a good fight of it… he was loved and cared for. What more can any old dog (or man, for that matter) ask for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX

Necro-haters or not, thank you for the update.
    Blister got 4 years that were definitely better than whatever he endured beforehand.
    Jew ever find out who hurt him before? Just curious if that person magically ended up in a burn ward himself.

And R.I.P., Blister!
    He's chasing yummy rabbits in doggie Heaven now.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Necro-haters or not, thank you for the update.
    Blister got 4 years that were definitely better than whatever he endured beforehand.
    Jew ever find out who hurt him before? Just curious if that person magically ended up in a burn ward himself.

And R.I.P., Blister!
    He's chasing yummy rabbits in doggie Heaven now.
    Luckily for them, I never found out who did it....
    The only people I hate worse is ones that hurt kids.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Luckily for them, I never found out who did it....
    The only people I hate worse is ones that hurt kids.

I realize we as human are predatory animals. With eye the face forward & canine teeth we are meant to hunt. I myself enjoyed hunting while still able. What I would really love to hunt more then anything are those who predate on the weak. And I don't mean to upset the balance of only the strong survive. I hate nothing more then the predators that prey on the weak as in animals, kids, old folk & women.

I guess if my thinking was more execeptable we could live in a society were there are less shooting into barrels of fish like schools.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I realize we as human are predatory animals. With eye the face forward & canine teeth we are meant to hunt. I myself enjoyed hunting while still able. What I would really love to hunt more then anything are those who predate on the weak. And I don't mean to upset the balance of only the strong survive. I hate nothing more then the predators that prey on the weak as in animals, kids, old folk & women.

I guess if my thinking was more execeptable we could live in a society were there are less shooting into barrels of fish like schools.
    O people in positions of authority that abuse that position. No different than the cowards that only prey on anything less able to fight back.
    It should be legal to eliminate the problem......

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    O people in positions of authority that abuse that position. No different than the cowards that only prey on anything less able to fight back.
    It should be legal to eliminate the problem......

If only.

Top Bottom