• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seven7VII

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2020
    Williamson County
    Israeli Military Industries, (who makes excellent rifle ammunition btw), has released a new 9mm version of their “di-cut” HP. I thought it was interesting because of the name: “BLACK DOT.”

Their marketing guys combined words from the names of two of the greatest projectiles ever manufactured:
    Speer’s Gold DOT
    Winchester’s BLACK Talon

I’m an ammo guy. These are the things that I sit around and ponder. Hope Sam over at SGammo.com doesn’t mind me using his photos and giving him a plug. SGAmmo is the damn online outfit for ammo purchasing by far! Highly recommend them.

Anyway, if anyone tries a case of the IMI BLACK DOT, please let us all know how it performs.

8A0C6349-4BEA-4277-A8D3-72E8EBC48616.jpeg
    ARJ Defense ad

Seven7VII

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2020
    Williamson County
    Israeli Military Industries, (who makes excellent rifle ammunition btw), has released a new 9mm version of their “di-cut” HP. I thought it was interesting because their marketing team combined words from the names of two of the greatest projectiles ever designed: Speer‘s Gold DOT, and Winchester‘s evil BLACK Talon.

I’m an ammo guy. These are the things that I sit around and ponder. Hope Sam over at SGammo.com doesn’t mind me using his photos and giving him a plug. SGAmmo is the best damn online outfit for ammo purchasing by far! Highly recommend them.

Anyway, if anyone tries a case of the IMI BLACK DOT, please let us all know how it performs.
    DCF0CEB5-D744-4BA7-AF60-14E69D25CA5D.jpeg

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Well they probably couldn't use blue, red and green. Pink, purple, orange, magenta, ecru, sapphire, emerald and numerous other colors wouldn't sound scary enough! Curious on performance also. 1 of my go too for ammo also!

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    About 1k through the tavor and I was not impressed at all.
    I'm being a bit pedantic here, but you personally not liking a weapon doesn't mean that the manufacturer produces "half ass" weapons. I have a couple of IWI weapons, the Tavor 7 and the TS-12, along with a Steyr Aug. Admittedly, I've only shot the TS-12 so far, but IWI's weapons are far from half ass.

I like the TS-12 simply because its an original design. The rotating mag tube assembly is a bit cumbersome, but so is reloading a tube fed semi auto shotgun. The Tavor 7 and AUG have been sitting in the safe for a while awaiting optics so I can't give a solid opinion of either. From handling them and reviews I've seen online, both are solid guns, but not everyone's cup of tea, as are most bullpup platforms.

In regard to the OP, IWI and IMI are completely separate entities at this point.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom