• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elcolorado

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    Leadville, CO
    SRJim on the 1911.org site recommended you folks to me. I live high up in the mountains of Colorado near the monster sized town of Leadville (elevation 10,200, think population half that). BTW for you deer and elk hunters, just had a little sprinkle of snow two weekends ago, looks like another good winter coming. All my family live in east Texas, so I try to keep up with what is going on down there. For carry, I'll take anything that has .45 written on it. For rifle hunting, anything that says 30.06 or .308 and for shotgun, I'm a 12ga kind of guy. I retired from the Navy in 1998 and have lived up here ever since, although now having to think about moving to Texas to take care of family members.
    Military Camp

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Nice to have you here sir! I've been to Leadville before. Unfortunately it wasn't quite during the winter so I wasn't able to go skiing or really take advantage of the beautiful terrain up there. I'll say this much, that was the highest altitude I had ever been at before and the altitude sickness sure did get to me pretty quickly. ;)

Top Bottom