New indoor range in Temple

Discussion in 'Killeen - Central TX' started by Burnt Jeep, Jul 18, 2015.

1. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Well and there is the chance he was wrong too. It didn't sound right but the only thing I knew for sure was what I saw on the news. Won't get by there for a week or two.

2. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Yeah me too. Fort Hood had some POS tubes years ago. 100 yards I think. Garbage.

3. Legionnaire

Legionnaire New Member

Apr 22, 2016
    Central TX
    Hawkeye Shooting Academy. I recognize this is an old thread, but it seems to have gotten away from the original question. I've been to Hawkeye, and it is a fine facility. I expect to go back.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  4. TexasBrandon

TexasBrandon TGT Addict

Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I didn't realize they even existed. Their membership cost is outrageous though. I wonder if the LE/Military price is extended to Disabled Veterans too? Shiny top is just a few minutes down the road from me and is, in my opinion, a cool place to go shoot. Been there many times now and good people there. Seems like Hawkeye might be more like Red's in Pflugerville. I'll give it a shot once though to see how things go.

5. Legionnaire

Legionnaire New Member

Apr 22, 2016
    Central TX
    I wouldn't consider a membership; hourly fee is $15, and that's reasonable for the facility. I do most of my shooting outdoors, anyway.

6. casp625

casp625 Member

May 14, 2016
    I've been to Hawkeye as well and while I wouldn't consider a membership, I'll probably be back for the hourly. It nice to be able to shoot indoors when the weather isn't permitting for outdoor shooting. Of course, Belton is supposed is supposed to be getting an indoor range as well, if they get around to it.