• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Just picked up my new ultralight weight KIDD 10/22 and I wanted to share it with y'all.

photo1_zps8b1bc0fc.jpg

photo2_zpscf8765ea.jpg

photo3_zps04d6b1ec.jpg

photo4_zps62af4040.jpg

Here are the specs:

KIDD 10/22 Classic Receiver, Black w/ 10 MOA Picatinny Base and Receiver Pin Kit
    KIDD Ultralight Weight Barrel, 16.25" Fluted and Threaded, .875 diameter; Weighs 1.25 lbs.
    KIDD Bolt, Silver
    KIDD Single-Stage Trigger, set to 1.5 pounds w/ Extended Mag Paddle and Auto-Bolt Release
    KIDD Charging Handle
    Vortex Sparc Red Dot w/ 2x Magnifier
    Silencerco Sparrow
    Hogue Overmolded Stock, Ghillie Tan
    Allen Nylon Sling

The rifle weighs in at a ridiculous 5.25 lbs. It's an absolute joy in the hand and I can't wait to take it out to the field. I wanted something extremely light, silent and (hopefully) accurate since this is going to be my working 10/22 and will accompany me on all my hunts so I can play hell with all the varmints I see around camp :)

The crappy cellphone pics don't do it justice. Once again, the fit and finish of these KIDD rifles are phenomenal. I'll be taking her out this weekend to BOTW to sight in and see what kind of groups she's capable of. I'll post my results later.
    ARJ Defense ad

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Fair warning, next time I see you, I'm gonna kick your a$$ for that title! :whip:

Otherwise ............ Suhweet! Many of the guns posted here don't do a lot for me that one is awesome. Enjoy. :flag:

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    LOL I thought some of you might get a kick from the title... or not. Thanks, Glockster... it's my birthday present and I can't wait to try it out.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Any updates on this?

How hard was that barrel to install?

Shoots groups slightly larger than my other two KIDD rifles. Roughly 3/4" groups at 50 yards (as opposed to 1/2" groups with the heavier and thicker match barrels). Respectable and more than adequate for pest control. I'm taking it out to the range again this weekend and I'll post pics later.

The barrels are snug. You may have to sand the neck down a bit to fit in a normal Ruger receiver or freeze the barrel to make it easier to slide in. Make sure to use anti-seize compound. The fit is a little easier if you buy the KIDD receivers...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom