• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Effective 1 Sep 2021, S.B. 792 will require individuals with disabled vet tags to also have the international handicap symbol on their plate or a HC placard.

Currently, anyone with a DV tag can park in handicapped spots without either of those items.

The new law will only allow disabled veterans with physical disabilities to receive HC plates or placards under Section 504.202(b-1).

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Well, some DV's aren't actually disabled as to need a handicap spot. I have seen some that walk better than me. That and 20-30 yr olds, driving their parent/grandparent's car with a HC card, park in a HC spot, that just irritates the crap out me. Especially when they take up a spot and one that actually needs it, ends up parking way at the end of a row.

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    Technically goes into affect 1 Jan 2022. I seriously doubt there will be many cops who cite a Disabled Veteran in a Handicapped spot. But there will be a few…..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Well, some DV's aren't actually disabled as to need a handicap spot. I have seen some that walk better than me. That and 20-30 yr olds, driving their parent/grandparent's car with a HC card, park in a HC spot, that just irritates the crap out me. Especially when they take up a spot and one that actually needs it, ends up parking way at the end of a row.
    Just as bad is seeing kids driving around a store in the stores gimp carts! No parents telling them no, no store employees dare telling them to park it! Times like that I regret selling my Garland because it’s truly the perfect rifle butt for cracking a skull!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!

And I have seen plenty of non-DV HC tagged/placard individuals who also don't actually need a handicap spot. And between the two, I'd rather have the veteran get the opportunity to use the spot.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Technically goes into affect 1 Jan 2022. I seriously doubt there will be many cops who cite a Disabled Veteran in a Handicapped spot. But there will be a few…..

I first received notification of this through the police volunteer program I am in, which includes issuing HC violation citations. We are still awaiting further guidance, but I for one will at most only issue warnings to DV tagged vehicles for parking in HC spots.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I for one think it is a shitty choice. Most places have enough spots set aside to let a DV park up close.

I don't care if the feller had asthma or a bad knee a couple weeks into boot camp. If someone had enough ambition to at least try and serve and couldn't I'd give him my spot any day.

I would rather not offer HC plaques to obese folks on that alone.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    He problem I have are the ones with no physical disability using the spaces when there are folks that can't walk circling the parking lot waiting for a spot. I have trouble breathing sometimes and my wife is legally and quite often functionally blind. Guiding her is sometimes hard. But more often than not I will pass using a handicap spot anyway.
    Their biggest disability some have is selfishness.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    More West Central these days.
    I kinda see both sides. But I don't park that close in anyway. I can walk across a parking lot without any trouble. Lots of folks without tags or permits can't get around as well as me.

Top Bottom