• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • suntory

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2022
    Houston
    I had a SRP in stainless finish. Very beautiful gun. One quirk I found was behind the thumb safety, the cutout was so big that when the safety was up, part of the hole shows through. Didn't think a $3000 gun would have such a glaring issue.
    Military Camp

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I would probably move Colt to the bottom of the list. Springfield makes a pretty good 1911, and I think their quality assurance is a bit better than Colt. There may be other companies that belong in that range, but they are very small producers and you expect super high quality on that level of gunsmithing.

The top few choices are probably in the right order, but keep in mind that the things that separate them are very minor, if not just trivial. Those are all excellent 1911 choices.
    I have pistols for most of the companies on this list and as Texasjack said they have all been excellent choices.

Tarosean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016
    I have a Wilson Combat EDC X9 and three Dan Wessons. Love all of them. I just bought my first Les Baer today. I hope it will be here Saturday if not then Monday. I bought a Les Baer 1911 Custom Carry S/S in .45with a 5” barrel. Pictures coming soon. Anyone else own a Les Bear.

Someone listed on another forum their list for 1911’s:
    1. Nighthawk
    2. Wilson Combat
    3. Ed Brown
    4. Les Baer
    5. STI/Staccato
    6. BUL Armory
    7. Dan Wesson
    8. Kimber
    9. Colt
    10. Springfield
    Is the list supposed to be their individual ranking?

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    I live my Wilson Professional, but one of the things that I always really liked about the Les Baer guns was the micro grooved cocking serrations. I shot a buddies and compared it to my Wilson. I think my Wilson felt a little tighter. That could be because the LB was a 5" gun and my Wilson is a 4" gun. I certainly would not turn one down.

carlson1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    8FE4D7F5-D0EE-4AC8-B453-D1F00FDAF71D.jpeg

One of my favorites.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I will never own another Les Baer pistol.
    Several years ago, I bought a blued Premier II with the accuracy upgrade. When the pistol arrived, it had a flaw in the bluing next to the muzzle. The flaw was a result of the bluing not attaching to the metal.
    I called Les Baer to report the problem. A crude older woman told me they had no control over a pistol once it leaves the factory. I asked to speak to Les. He told me they weren't going to do anything and a return was not possible. His last comment to me was "if you are unhappy, sell the pistol. There are plenty of people who would like to have it, even if it has a factory flaw".
    I took him at his word. I sold it at the Dallas Gun Shop the next weekend.
    I hope you guys have better luck with your Baer's than I did.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I have a Les Baer SS Stinger. It is capable of better accuracy than my skills support. Because of that I would get rid of it but is it the only one in that category that I own.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom