• ...and so much more!
  • MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I just got two new mags for my S&W 908
    They are "Pro Mags" mags and I have not ever used this brand before.
    When the slide is racked the top round will not feed up the ramp. If I remove a couple of rounds it seems to feed just fine.
    I suspect the spring is too strong???
    Any thoughts?
    Venture Surplus ad

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I just bought 3 pro-mags from bass pro for my 1911 and they all 3 suck... I finally got them working OK but being new fully loaded, it would not feed... The feed lips were very very rough and when it would try and strip off the top 3 rounds it was just real bumpy/chunky feeling. After those 3 rnds it fed fine (i think like you, spring tension being hot when its fresh.

I "finished" the lips with some sandpaper down to a buffing polish and they finally glide right out.

I don't think i'll buy any more of them. They just required too much finishing work IMO...

JOe

espnazi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    El Paso
    I don't think keeping the mag fully loaded would fix it but it may.

I don't know much about Pro-mag but know enough to stay away from them

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I hate to say it but, Promags are trash. Occasionally, someone manages to get a Promag that actually works alright. More often than not they just suck and have lots of problems. I would highly recommend getting something from a better quality manufacturer like Mecgar for example or else factory mags. Only a few bucks more, but substantially better quality and you won't have to worry about malfunctions like with the Promags. Here's some:

Smith & Wesson Magazine S&W 908, 3913, 3913TSW, 3914, 3953, 3953TSW, 3954 Curved Floorplate 9mm Luger 8-Round Stainless Steel - MidwayUSA

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I took the mags apart and compared them to my S&W mag springs.
    The pro springs have 1 more coil than the S&W springs and the coil size / wire size is the same.
    I clipped about 1/2 a coil off one and it seems to function correctly now when hand cycling.
    I guess a range trip is in order.
    Thanks Sig_fiend for the link, when I ordered these the S&W had been on back order for months. Just my dam luck when I buy a "off" brand cause I can't get what I want the real deal becomes available!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Some of the problems I've seen with them (and it varies from mag to mag) include things like the feed lips not being properly shaped to the point where the mag will cause double feeds right out of the box (basically not holding the rounds in properly). I've personally had that issue as well as others with the few I've owned before.

dday

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    irving tx
    Got some for a few different firearms over the years and they are all in the trash now. Have not bought from them in eight years and wont do it again.

Top Bottom