• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeAmerica

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2020
    Texas
    Is there a firearm manufacture making compact handguns that DON’T have a polymer frames?

I’ve been looking for a NEW compact magazine fed semi auto. (No revolvers)

If you have one, how do you like it? What caliber?

Thanks!
    Lynx Defense

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    We have a couple of Bersa Thunder 380 pistols. All metal frames and slides. Very compact. Decently accurate and reasonably priced. (or at least they use to be.)

Biggest downside. They are 380 Auto. Higher ammo cost than 9mm, and less ammo options than 9mm as well.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Just as an alternative, you could buy a Sig P365/XL, and then replace the polymer grip module with an aftermarket aluminum one from Icarus Precision (https://www.icarusprecision.com/online-store).

It would raise the price by about 200 bucks, but then you'd have your metal frame and slide, and a pretty unique pistol, too.

That is pretty danged cool indeed! I like it!

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Someone mentioned Beretta but only listed pistols not currently manufactured. Here are Beretta offerings, centerfire models, non-polymer frame, that are currently manufactured:

Beretta 92X compact

92X Compact W/Rail

92G Elite LTT Compact

92 Compact with Rail Inox

3032 Tomcat Inox

I would guess there are several manufacturers who manufacture all steel and or steel & alloy compact pistols today. An Internet search and a bit of your time would reveal them to you maybe moreso than merely relying on this thread.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    In addition to what's been mentioned, Bond Arms makes the Bullpup. It's the old Boberg design that they improved. It's a steel frame 9mm.

JoeAmerica

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2020
    Texas
    An Internet search and a bit of your time would reveal them to you maybe moreso than merely relying on this thread.

I would rather get recommendations from people on a forum, rather than a website trying to sell something. I have looked around and haven’t had any luck, even when contacting “sales experts” no doubt I will be researching the items people have mentioned.

Thanks!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I would rather get recommendations from people on a forum, rather than a website trying to sell something. I have looked around and haven’t had any luck, even when contacting “sales experts” no doubt I will be researching the items people have mentioned.

Thanks!

I think what Glenn is trying to say, do some research and find those pistols that appeal to you, then we can talk about them. We can discuss their finer points, pros and cons, and actual experience with those you are thinking about.

Compact is a pretty broad category with pistols in these times. I do agree with you that going here will get you a better input and advice than some salesman is going to give you.

JoeAmerica

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2020
    Texas
    I think what Glenn is trying to say, do some research and find those pistols that appeal to you, then we can talk about them. We can discuss their finer points, pros and cons, and actual experience with those you are thinking about.

Compact is a pretty broad category with pistols in these times. I do agree with you that going here will get you a better input and advice than some salesman is going to give you.

Oh Ok. When I narrow it down I will. Thanks!

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I have a SIG P938, it is all metal and essentially a 1911 clone. Mine came with one 7 round mag with the pinkly extension and one 6 round with no extension. It is fairly accurate to about 15 yards, at least for me. I like cuz it is light and easily concealable, plus it is a 9mm vs, 380

Also The Kimber micros are about the same. I got mine for about $600, but I think they are a lot higher now. probably in the 7 to 8 hundred dollar range or more.

JoeAmerica

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2020
    Texas
    Someone mentioned Beretta but only listed pistols not currently manufactured. Here are Beretta offerings, centerfire models, non-polymer frame, that are currently manufactured:

Beretta 92X compact

92X Compact W/Rail

92G Elite LTT Compact

92 Compact with Rail Inox

3032 Tomcat Inox

Seems like I always have the hots for Barretta’s, especially the m9’s.
    Simple, rugged, sleek.

but the pricing is outrageous.

I know the military is dropping their m9s for the Sig m17..possible surplus market could bring m9 prices down? I hope..

Top Bottom