• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Seems like I always have the hots for Barretta’s, especially the m9’s.
    Simple, rugged, sleek.

but the pricing is outrageous.

I know the military is dropping their m9s for the Sig m17..possible surplus market could bring m9 prices down? I hope..

Beretta pistols have always cost a bit extra but they are high quality pistols. About 8+ months ago you could get a used and in some cases nearly new Beretta 92/M9 for a reasonable price. Late last year I got a new 92FS for under $500. Deals like that are no longer available with the demand as high as it is now. The military will still be using the M9 for a while as there are many of them still in use so I doubt we will see surplus M9's sold to the public anytime soon.
    Military Camp

Surplus Guy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    Hood County
    Does anyone have experience with this brand? From Argentina I see, how is the support? Parts availability, warranty and so on?
    I have the TPR9CDT. Fine Bersa pistol designed for law enforcement with aluminum frame. Lighter than a Makarov and 13+1. It is only 2 years old so I have had no reason to need customer service. It is a pleasure to shoot.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Does anyone have experience with this brand? From Argentina I see, how is the support? Parts availability, warranty and so on?

I Have experience with the TPR, TPR9C, and predecessor the Thunder 9 UCPro, and Thunder XT. Don't have any experience with the BPCC series, though it's on the list.

Never had to deal with the support/warranty side yet, though I believe it's a lifetime warranty to the original owner.

Parts and accessories are somewhat limited. Sights are of a Sig type, can't remember which though. The TPR9C fits perfectly in a leather holster made for Sig P-229.

The XT has, by far, the best out of the box DA/SA trigger I've ever used . and the balance of it is fantastic. First firing session with it left me in awe. Put three hundred rounds through it, and was almost bored with it by the end. It was that easy to use. A bit heavy, due to all metal construction but, the felt recoil was very manageable due to that. It is a competition gun, after all.

The triggers on the TPR series have been redesigned. They are much smoother and a bit lighter in DA with a lot less travel. And SA is an absolute joy. About a gazillion times better the the Thunder series. I believe all the TPR and BP series firearms now have match grade barrels. The easiest pistol, that I know of, to field strip. Never had a problem with what I feed it. I think I've had one or two no fires due to bad primers in quite a few thousand rounds. In my opinion, they are hard to beat for the price.

Last edited:

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I agree with Byrd. I’ve got a Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro (yes, the name is ridiculously long) and it is a very solid well made gun. They are underrated and provide a lot of bang for the buck (no pun intended).

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    In addition to what's been mentioned, Bond Arms makes the Bullpup. It's the old Boberg design that they improved. It's a steel frame 9mm.

I saw and fondled my first Bond Arms Bullpup just a few weeks ago -- there's one for sale in Bastrop at Brothers in Arms (or there was, maybe it's been sold). Very very cool concept. Love that people are thinking outside the box. Very interesting looking little gun.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I saw and fondled my first Bond Arms Bullpup just a few weeks ago -- there's one for sale in Bastrop at Brothers in Arms (or there was, maybe it's been sold). Very very cool concept. Love that people are thinking outside the box. Very interesting looking little gun.
    Calling @Moonpie. He can give you the rundown on them.

JoeAmerica

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2020
    Texas
    The Springfield 911 in 9mm looks good. Is there a mid compact size?

Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro, WOW! That is a good looking pistol. I like the capacity in 9mm, and that it is also offered in .45. Getting interested..

I have no experience with CZ. Although I know the Czechs do make quaintly stuff.

I’m a big fan of the 1911 design. That being said;

Anybody have experience with the S&W 1911 pro 9mm?

How about the RIA Tac ultra CS in 9mm? Budget gun for sure, but is it too cheap? I do like the solid bar machining aspect. I have experience with RIA revolvers which are solid but not smooth operators..

Thanks for the feed back everybody! It is helping out immensely.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I have a Sig 238, a Colt Government 380 and a Star model D. The Sig, colt, and the rest of their ilk are all based on the Star. Star made some of the Colts.

If you can find either the Star or Colt Gov. 380, grab it. Novak's still makes/has their combat sights for these.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Joe, if you can make it, it would be well worth your time to come out to the Family Reunion on 10 Oct. 20. Most of, if not all of, the pistols being discussed will be in attendance, and it would be a real good opportunity to find out what works for you.

JoeAmerica

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2020
    Texas
    Joe, if you can make it, it would be well worth your time to come out to the Family Reunion on 10 Oct. 20. Most of, if not all of, the pistols being discussed will be in attendance, and it would be a real good opportunity to find out what works for you.

Thanks for the invite. I assume there will be an official flyer or something? How can I sign up to get one?

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Thanks for the invite. I assume there will be an official flyer or something? How can I sign up to get one?
    Just say your in.

Top Bottom