• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bansheeman6100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    South Austin
    hey guys, just saying hi. been lurking for awhile, and met HK_Fiend today, and figured it was time to register :D . and im also on ARFCOM ALOT. and, just got a Firestorm 1911 today! a couple of crappy pics of my current (small) collection. i also am waiting for a Form 1 to come back to build a SBR. went pending on the 21st of last month. also, looking for a good place to skoot. Redds gets annoying, and a havent been to Lone Star yet. just a little far for me. And God Bless Texas

IMG_7755.jpg

IMG_7757.jpg

IMG_7744.jpg

IMG_7748.jpg

IMG_7749.jpg

IMG_7753.jpg

IMG_7762.jpg
    Guns International

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Welcome to the forum.I just got one of those Firestorms.Great gun for the price.

Bansheeman6100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    South Austin
    ok, so let me get yalls opinions on this. i think im gonna get one of these engraved on my SBR, opposed to the regular old thing. now, these are jsur ough, crappy drafts. the final will include last name, city and state. and will be adjusted and spaced better.

txsealnobreit.jpg

txshapenobreit.jpg

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It was good to meet you today man. That's a nice collection you've got there. ;) I plan on heading out to Lone Star at least once within the next couple weeks or so. I'm in south Austin also (Manchaca specifically). If it's a bit too much of a drive for you, you're more than welcome to meet me at my place and carpool if you'd like. I'm working weekends lately, so I'm thinking I may only be able to make it out to Lone Star sometime during the week between 10am-12pm or so. I may just have to take a Sunday off or something as the during the week idea doesn't sound all that great. ;)

Bansheeman6100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    South Austin
    It was good to meet you today man. That's a nice collection you've got there. ;) I plan on heading out to Lone Star at least once within the next couple weeks or so. I'm in south Austin also (Manchaca specifically). If it's a bit too much of a drive for you, you're more than welcome to meet me at my place and carpool if you'd like. I'm working weekends lately, so I'm thinking I may only be able to make it out to Lone Star sometime during the week between 10am-12pm or so. I may just have to take a Sunday off or something as the during the week idea doesn't sound all that great. ;)
    thanks HK, and im at at Westgate and 290. but, i think im gonna be going shooting on Tuesday. and a friend has some land out in Creednoor, might just go out there. i'll find out soon. and your welcome to come if you want . but if not, i'll keep that Lone Star idea in mind ;)

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    thanks HK, and im at at Westgate and 290. but, i think im gonna be going shooting on Tuesday. and a friend has some land out in Creednoor, might just go out there. i'll find out soon. and your welcome to come if you want . but if not, i'll keep that Lone Star idea in mind ;)

Sure man, that sounds like fun. Just hit me up when you plan on going. I'll PM you with my cell.

So how do you like the Pmags? Ever have any problems with them? Judging by everything I've seen and all the reviews I've read, those things sound to be pretty much trouble free and rock solid.

Bansheeman6100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    South Austin
    Sure man, that sounds like fun. Just hit me up when you plan on going. I'll PM you with my cell.

So how do you like the Pmags? Ever have any problems with them? Judging by everything I've seen and all the reviews I've read, those things sound to be pretty much trouble free and rock solid.
    never had a single problem. and it all i buy.

MiTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Austin
    I am relatively new in the weapon society.
    I grew up with guns and learned to shoot out at my grandpa's farm, long time ago, but have not fired a weapon in over 15 years.
    I am considering purchasing handgun.
    I want a .45 but am concerned about recoil. I have a bad wrist and do not think I could control it. I keep hearing about folks backing away from the .40. Is is strictly due to wanting more, shall we say, bang for your buck, or something else?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I am relatively new in the weapon society.
    I grew up with guns and learned to shoot out at my grandpa's farm, long time ago, but have not fired a weapon in over 15 years.
    I am considering purchasing handgun.
    I want a .45 but am concerned about recoil. I have a bad wrist and do not think I could control it. I keep hearing about folks backing away from the .40. Is is strictly due to wanting more, shall we say, bang for your buck, or something else?

If you'd like to, you are more than welcome to shoot my Sig p220, it's a .45. It does kick a pretty decent amount. 9mm is generally quite a bit more comfortable to shoot, and for self defense there is plenty of modern quality ammunition that makes it perfectly sufficient for that purpose too. Actually, you are more than welcome to shoot my P220 9mm as well, if you'd like to compare the two calibers. I'll say this much, the 9mm P220 is more enjoyable to shoot. ;)

MiTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Austin
    What about stopping power?
    I was thinking about heading out to Red's to try a couple out. Mondays, Ladies night at Red's, suck for me!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom