• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quantum13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Denton, TX
    Thanks for doing the needful, Moonpie. Glocks...ain't nobody got time for dat. :roflsmile:

I say that.... I've got no beef with Glocks at all but have zero interest in them. I'm sure they're fine when used as tools but for the collector, just don't see anything there, at least for me. Black polymer, black slide - rinse/repeat. Functional but nothing to be passionate about, IMO.

EDIT: Yes yes will post pics tonight :)

Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    lack of pictures.jpg

quantum13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Denton, TX
    Q13,

So no P365 or P365 XL's for you?

If not, I don't get the downside of their extractors - please explain (if you will) for those like me who don't know what you speak of...

Thanks!

My apologies, I was unclear. I was referring to my affinity for the pre-2011/2012 classic line which were originally made with milled barstock 'short' extractors vs the later post-2011/2012 classic line sigs that are made with MIM (metal injection molded) long extractors.

While MIM maybe not the ideal vs milled parts I'm in no way suggesting the new Sigs are less reliable or anything like that. I'm just being a snob is all. :green: Some say the long extractors break more easily but I doubt that is the case beyond maybe isolated production defects like any other.

So the long/short extractor thing only applies to the P226/229 (the 220 is still barstock) and only Sig collectors care. The P365 was never made any other way than it is now and is a fantastic pistol. I haven't bought one only because I have a P938 which serves my needs, even though the 365 has rendered it obsolete in every way.

Big fan of the P365/XL.

Hope that helps clear things up a bit, Mowingmaniac.

Worth noting that this also has the effect of keeping the collection under control. An unintended result...but has been good to stay focused :)

Last edited:

quantum13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Denton, TX
    I like the DAO pistols SIG discontinued a few years ago. P250 & P290RS. I got 3.
    For whatever reason, these were never popular. As the P250 has the same modular design as the P320, I suspect that the 250 never took off not because it isn't a good platform but because the market had already started trending towards striker design. The P290RS may well be in a similar situation although its closest replacement, the P320 Subcompact (which IS striker fired) was ALSO discontinued in favor of the excellent P365. Time marches on I suppose.

How do you like the trigger on the 290RS? I'd always heard it wasn't great but other than that it is hammer fired, it always seemed to be reasonably competitive, at least size/weight-wise. Got a bad rap because of that trigger though, at least that's what i remember.

BABBALOU1956

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2021
    Lewisville
    For whatever reason, these were never popular. As the P250 has the same modular design as the P320, I suspect that the 250 never took off not because it isn't a good platform but because the market had already started trending towards striker design. The P290RS may well be in a similar situation although its closest replacement, the P320 Subcompact (which IS striker fired) was ALSO discontinued in favor of the excellent P365. Time marches on I suppose.

How do you like the trigger on the 290RS? I'd always heard it wasn't great but other than that it is hammer fired, it always seemed to be reasonably competitive, at least size/weight-wise. Got a bad rap because of that trigger though, at least that's what i remember.
    It's a little heavier than the P250 trigger. Smooth but I'd guess about 10 pounds. I do ok out to 12 yards. It's tiny but fairly heavy for the size so not too snappy. Very reliable & easy to conceal.

quantum13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Denton, TX
    It's a little heavier than the P250 trigger. Smooth but I'd guess about 10 pounds. I do ok out to 12 yards. It's tiny but fairly heavy for the size so not too snappy. Very reliable & easy to conceal.
    Oh boy 10 lbs - yes that is pretty heavy. I can't imagine why that had a reputation :roflsmile:

No doubt about the size and reliability though. Practical and a great value if you can train through that trigger.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    Welcome, I like the classic “german made” series the most. A couple years ago, people wanted the milled stainless P series so much, that you could pickup a 226 or 220 for way less than $500.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom