• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quantum13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Denton, TX
    Welcome, I like the classic “german made” series the most. A couple years ago, people wanted the milled stainless P series so much, that you could pickup a 226 or 220 for way less than $500.
    This is true....as recently as a few years ago even. Suddenly not the case anymore! It's hard to find clean ones now that aren't listed for insane money on GB.

I am lucky enough to have an unfired German 226 in full nickel among other Germans...finding that stuff nowadays is much harder now. Nothing but P320s out there - I think people are seeing the writing on the wall for the metal guns and have decided to start holding on to them.
    Texas SOT

DWDM_In_DFW

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Denton
    Hey guys, glad to have found an active local forum. I work in IT which funds a bit of a gun habit. I have the 'Signess' first and foremost but definitely not my only interest. Any other Sig nuts here? My collecting focus is 1990-2010 timeframe. No long extractors for me!

Have recently also become interested in what I guess people call 'subguns' - I guess technically they are pistol versions of PCCs. Absolutely love my Stribog SP9A3 and recently got a CMMG Banshee. Haven't even shot the Banshee yet - waiting on sights. Really hoping this category doesn't get wiped out by legislation :(

I've got a few SIGs in the collection: P365, P320R w/Romeo 1, and a 522.

I'll be honest though, I'm more down with the Banshee and the roller lock Stribog. A Banshee 300 MK10, i.e. the Banshee chambered in the Best MM, is very high on my want list.

Also, hey there fellow Dentonite. I relocated up here from Plano back at the end of August. Got bored of the sameness of the entire Garland/Plano/Richardson/etc sprawl. Same bland cookie cutter strip malls, housing tracts, etc. Though there's 3 or 4 big housing tracts in the planning stages or just starting to break ground up here now.

quantum13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Denton, TX
    I've got a few SIGs in the collection: P365, P320R w/Romeo 1, and a 522.

I'll be honest though, I'm more down with the Banshee and the roller lock Stribog. A Banshee 300 MK10, i.e. the Banshee chambered in the Best MM, is very high on my want list.

Also, hey there fellow Dentonite. I relocated up here from Plano back at the end of August. Got bored of the sameness of the entire Garland/Plano/Richardson/etc sprawl. Same bland cookie cutter strip malls, housing tracts, etc. Though there's 3 or 4 big housing tracts in the planning stages or just starting to break ground up here now.

I love my Sig collection but yeah those delayed subguns are fuuuuuun and have been shooting the Stribog a lot more. The A3 Stribog absolutely rocks. The delay system is pretty clever, it's not actually roller delayed but has a little cam in the forward section of the bolt carrier that you can see has to 'unlock' from the guides it (and the charging handle) ride in. The Banshee's bolt itself rotates when it unlocks from the BCG creating a similar delay from the camming action of the bolt. So cool to see a similar concept executed in different ways. Have some irons showing up for the Banshee today so I can finally go shoot it.

Btw I got the MK17 as it uses P320 magazines. You're shocked I know.

Agree w/ you on all that - much rather live here. It's a bit far from things at times but Denton's pretty good place to live.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Raffs in 9mm Sterling type 2 Carbine.
    0C133A6C-6C73-48F5-A59C-D7D78328055A.jpeg

quantum13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Denton, TX
    Q13,

Thanks for the clarification.

Your Sig collection is most impressive!
    Thank you sir! I've got some other fun stuff but had those pics handy. I have a number of Gen 1 X5s (not P320, the real deal 226s) that are a joy to shoot and a nice trio of equinoxes. I don't ever shoot them because of the wood grips (too thick) but taking those off an Equinox feels...wrong. So they're just safe queens.

ArmyDub

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2020
    Texas
    who is raffs? no delay on this, heavy bolt 9mm blowback.
    8A270998-3533-45F2-A26B-3B82DC074FED.jpeg

ours is this exact model, but the stock is wood

quantum13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Denton, TX
    Goes to show what I know. I incorrectly assumed we were talking original full autos...must be semiauto replicas then?

EDIT: Looking closer I see Moonpie's MP40 is marked ATI. Learned something new today.

ArmyDub

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2020
    Texas
    Goes to show what I know. I incorrectly assumed we were talking original full autos...must be semiauto replicas then?

I won’t presum to speak for moonpie but they said “carbine” for the sterling. their mp40 has no stock. my “uzi copy” has a 16” bbl. Those should lead most to realize they’re looking at non NFA.

However, for all I really know Moonp’s could all be tax stamped. Only one I know is our carbine which is just a semi auto.

Interesting use of terms when you say “replica”. I imagine “non-firing” when I hear that word.

quantum13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Denton, TX
    I won’t presum to speak for moonpie but they said “carbine” for the sterling. their mp40 has no stock. my “uzi copy” has a 16” bbl. Those should lead most to realize they’re looking at non NFA.

However, for all I really know Moonp’s could all be tax stamped. Only one I know is our carbine which is just a semi auto.

Interesting use of terms when you say “replica”. I imagine “non-firing” when I hear that word.
    my use of the NFA term just came from the assumption that we were talking original, pre-1986 full-auto/machine guns...and why I thought they were worth a fortune. Definitely not knowledgeable on those, and wasn't looking closely.

my use of the term replica was meant to convey 'modern copy/clone' as opposed to the originals from 50+ years ago

hope that helps clear that up :)

ArmyDub

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2020
    Texas
    welcome to gun talk. i wouldn’t answer a thread about semi autos by posting full autos (maybe that might be just me).

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom