• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tim the Teacher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Found the forum from a link on The Firing Line. Glad to be here:)

BTW, I posted some pics of my collection in the Handgun photo thread.
    Hurley's Gold

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Welcome to the forum, Tim. My maternal grandparents and their parents lived in Frisco way back in the late 18xx's thru early 19xx's. They are buried in the old cemetery there. Frisco and the surrounding area are much changed now.

Tim the Teacher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    It has changed in the 8 years we have lived her...so much so that we are building a new hacienda between Celina and Gunter where you can hear the cows in the morning and the doves at night.

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    It has changed in the 8 years we have lived her....

+1. We took my aunt up there last summer so she could put some flowers on her parent's graves and we almost couldn't find the cemetery. Things had changed so much since our last trip there that everything looked totally different. Can you still find outdoor shooting ranges there or has all shooting moved indoors now?

Tim the Teacher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    No outdoor ranges in this immediate area. There are a few in Dallas and one near Greenville. The wife and I have a yearly pass to The Bullet Trap in Plano, an indoor facility. We both have our CHL's and carry where ever it's legal.

Gopher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Far, far, far North Dallas
    Howdy and where between Celina and Gunter are you building? If it's in the Gunter phone exchange I'll more than likely be the one to install your land line if you have one.

The march of progress up state highway 289 continues.;)

While not really close there is Ralph Williams range in Tom Bean. It's a 100 yard range with a 12ft berm. Anything goes there within reason, $3 an hour on the honor system. There is a box on the side of the barn to pay your range fee. Pretty primitive so bring your own targets and stands.

Top Bottom