New Member from Spring, TX

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jgedmond, Dec 2, 2008.

1. jgedmond

jgedmond Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    I learned about this forum from HKPRO and really liked the instructional "stickies" available here. I always been interested in handguns and had a 22LR pistol for plinking/range shooting for 15 years, but got more serious after Nov 4!

Bought an HK USP9 with night sights and am taking CHL with the wife at Shiloh's weekend after next. We are looking for a HK USP9c for carry so that we only have to stockpile one caliber ammo and learn one type of control system / carry mode. After that, maybe a shotgun and carbine.

I am looking forward to learning more from the many experts here.

2. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Welcome, I live in Spring as well, and shoot at Shiloh often. If you happen to see a large guy in ACU's its probably me...

3. jgedmond

jgedmond Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    If I see you there, I'll introduce myself and please do the same. I'm more of jeans ansd T-shirt guy on the small side (5"10", 175). I also shoot al ot at Carter's Country since I prefer to be outdoors.

Tonight I have been casing my house for fallback positions and how we would defend it. I'm sure that I could use some help, but the what-if scenarios are an interesting puzzle.

4. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

Welcome aboard.
    I shoot at shiloh almost every thursday to get the over 50 discount
    but lately been going to Hot Wells to get in some rifle practise now
    with the cooler weather.

5. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Please do, Jeff and Steve both know me, and will gladly point me out if I am there (Jeff actually refers to me by my screen name here) and if it is after working hours, I too am a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy.....

6. jgedmond

jgedmond Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    Yeah, I'm over 50 too and need to check out Shiloh's after work on Thursdays. I checked out Hot Wells, but it looked kind of like a free-for-all (however, it was the Friday after Thanksgiving :-) ). Carter's Country, while farther from the house, looks a little more organized and I like having the full-service store right there.

Just my personal preference,
    Jim

7. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Trust me, shoot handgun at Shilohs, and you wont want to shoot carters or hot wells. I wont shoot at carters for various reasons, however I use the "other" range at Hot Wells and it is not too bad. Shiloh though is 10 minutes away, Jeff, Steve and Ngoc are great guys, and they try not to let morons on the range, if they manage to sneak past they usually manage to rectify the situation rather quickly...

8. djspump2003

djspump2003 Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    Welcome from Austin!

Sounds like ya'll are more gun-friendly than most around here.

9. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Welcome.

10. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Welcome aboard!