• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SJS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    El Paso TX
    Hello all. New member here. I am from El Paso TX. My name is SJ, married w/ 2 kids.
    Been looking for some people to go out and shoot with.
    I usually go to the desert to shoot. If the weather's bad, then I go to the EPCC indoor range.

SJS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    El Paso TX
    Welcome! I prefer to stroll out towards hueco tanks to do my shooting. Peaceful, and pretty.

Hey Zombie, I also head that way to shoot. I go to the old Montana Quarry that used to be operated by JOBE. But the thimg is sometimes it gets packed and most are irresponsible shooters. I would hear bullets literally hizzzing past me. Thanks for the welcome fellow NRA member and CHL.

Zombie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Brownwood/El Paso
    Yea, theres a little place out there that was recommended to us by El Paso Gun Exchange we refer to as 'the outpost' lol. Small hills all around so no worry about backdrop, enough room to start a fire to stay warm, overall it's pretty nice.
    And I always love to meet fellow chl/nra guys. I'm a huge political guy. Ever want a chat feel free to holler at me:)

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Welcome SJS.....I am also kinda new here too and am a novice shooter. I live on the far West Side and usually shoot at The El Paso Gun Club in Anthony. Was wondering where people on the West Side shoot in the desert over here. The range won't allow any kind of target that break apart, and paper gets old sometimes. I used to take my son out to Black Mountain by LasCruces, but we got chased outta there by an unmarked helicopter...lol..kinda freaked us out so we dont go out there anymore. Love to know a good place to go in the west desert that doesn't require a 4x4...

Thanks for any suggestions, Chris

torker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Northern Juarez
    Welcome SJS.....I am also kinda new here too and am a novice shooter. I live on the far West Side and usually shoot at The El Paso Gun Club in Anthony. Was wondering where people on the West Side shoot in the desert over here. The range won't allow any kind of target that break apart, and paper gets old sometimes. I used to take my son out to Black Mountain by LasCruces, but we got chased outta there by an unmarked helicopter...lol..kinda freaked us out so we dont go out there anymore. Love to know a good place to go in the west desert that doesn't require a 4x4...

Thanks for any suggestions, Chris

Hello there, There are some nice places to shoot on the west side desert area. Across from the border patrol annex on highway 9. ( word of caution tho)
    there's a mean, knarly looking guy who keeps this place clean, on several ocassions he's "jacked up" some people who were leaving trash there. but other than normal courtesy about range trash. he's a nice fellow.

2 wheeled vehicle has no issues at all.

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Hello there, There are some nice places to shoot on the west side desert area. Across from the border patrol annex on highway 9. ( word of caution tho)
    there's a mean, knarly looking guy who keeps this place clean, on several ocassions he's "jacked up" some people who were leaving trash there. but other than normal courtesy about range trash. he's a nice fellow.

No issues with the Border Patrol fellas out there ?? As I had mentioned, I got kinda chased outta the desert at Black Mountain by an unmarked (it was green and white) helicopter. He came in really low and fast...stopped directly above us...hovered..circled us 3 or 4 times low enough that I can tell you what he was wearing and what brand sunglasses he had on..lol. He then hovered for a few seconds again and zoomed away very low to the ground the same way he cam. I high-tailed it outta there!! Skeered me real good! We were at least 20miles from border.

Anywho...is that place on highway 9 private property? And whats the best way to get there?

Thanks for the response sir... =D

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso

Awe hell, you ain't that mean looking !

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    No issues with the Border Patrol fellas out there ?? As I had mentioned, I got kinda chased outta the desert at Black Mountain by an unmarked (it was green and white) helicopter. He came in really low and fast...stopped directly above us...hovered..circled us 3 or 4 times low enough that I can tell you what he was wearing and what brand sunglasses he had on..lol. He then hovered for a few seconds again and zoomed away very low to the ground the same way he cam. I high-tailed it outta there!! Skeered me real good! We were at least 20miles from border.

Anywho...is that place on highway 9 private property? And whats the best way to get there?

Thanks for the response sir... =D

Yes, it is private property. It is actually in New Mexico. Lots of folks shoot there. One side is clean and the other side is where the pigs shoot, leave garbage, shoot glass, tv's, garbage etc. Use the side that best describes you. No problem with 2 wheel drive. You might see CBP or NMS officers out there. No problem, as long as you are shooting TARGETS and NOT GARBAGE. I have seen them run off people shooting trash (which is a good thing). The rules are simple....Be SAFE, know what you are shooting at and what is behind it, take EVERYTHING you bring there back home with you and leave it as clean or better then when you get there. Pretty simple.

Directions: Take I-10W to Artcroft Rd. Drive on Artcroft Rd. about 9 miles, until you see a sign for the US Border Patrol Station. Turn right at this sign onto US 9. Drive 1 mile and you will see a gate under the power lines, drive down this road and you will arrive at the range. The coordinates are
    31°49'37" N
    106°42'33" W

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Thanks alot for the info and directions randomplumbingllc.....I will take my kiddo out soon to see what it all about. That is actually very close to my home.

Top Bottom