• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I don't go to movie houses, not for many years, but I would consider seeing this on a disc at home.

It looks interesting and I like westerns a LOT! Especially old ones.

I have eclectic tastes in films but lean towards westerns, mysteries, war movies and a few others.

Unfortunately, my husband and I have seen some films on discs in the LAST X AMOUNT OF YEARS that supposedly were 'great' and we were VERY disappointed.

There were a few good scenes and lines and the rest of the films in several subject matters really were DUDS to us.

Old Lady Cate

PS: I bet the farmer had a criminal background, was falsely accused of something, OR he was escaping memories of a war or something personally SAD so he went on the run - escaped from society in general and became a FARMER - he wanted to go grey/gray! That is the plot line. LOL

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I watched it on amazon yesterday evening.
    It had a touch of "unforgiven" to it. Pretty good entertainment but not something I'd pay to watch again.

Anyway, I'm glad I watched it.
    3.5 stars.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Tim Blake Nelson is an excellent actor! He stated five months of training for the 2018 Western The Ballad of Buster Scruggs taught him how to handle a gun for this film, and he spent another six months preparing to play this character. He spent two months physically preparing his body to handle a gun, ride a horse, and get in shape to look like a farmer.

Unfortunately, there will be comparisons between Old Henry and his role as Buster Scruggs. I suspect they will be complete opposites.

Reviews on Rotten Tomatoes state "Led by a reliably solid performance from Tim Blake Nelson, Old Henry serves up a supple cut of vintage western rawhide."

Nelson's performance as the title character also received praise.

This will be one that needs to be seen on the big screen!

I wonder why it went to video only a week after its release?

Top Bottom