• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byrom1212

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    Greenvill,tx
    just got my rem. 700 .308 back from the gunsmith.
    HPIM2189.jpg

HPIM2190.jpg

HPIM2191.jpg
    Lynx Defense

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Very nice rifle! I met a guy that in OKC that swears by those brakes.

awmp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    That has to be the worst looking brake, but I have also heard they are the best. (I think the wife things the same about me, lol)
    Range report?

byrom1212

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    Greenvill,tx
    because when I shoot I like to shoot more than a couple rounds I tend to empty a box a day when I shoot. And with the brake I can do that with out my sholder hurting. And my wife loves to shoot with me and she only ways 115lbs and it makes it easier on her.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Not trying to be a smart a** but why on a .308?

Hey to each their own. Personally I've got one on my .50 BMG that really has pissed off a few people with it's blast. Not that the .308 will be that bad ,but you better be aware of it when shooting close to others. They can be hell on your ears.

I've know more then my share of professional hunters in Africa that that will not allow their clients to hunt with muzzel brakes.

byrom1212

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    Greenvill,tx
    I made the mistake of shooting it with out ear plugs in yesterday to show a friend and I thought my left ear was bleeding I will never do that again.

But as far as dealling with people at a range I own 30 acers out in hunt county and thats were I do all my shooting.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Hey to each their own. Personally I've got one on my .50 BMG that really has pissed off a few people with it's blast. Not that the .308 will be that bad ,but you better be aware of it when shooting close to others. They can be hell on your ears.

I've know more then my share of professional hunters in Africa that that will not allow their clients to hunt with muzzel brakes.

I know and I understand that, I really wasn't trying to offend anyone (I thought it was an honest question)...heck I've done plently of stuff to some of my firearms that some people were like "WTF?" I will never knock anyone for for customizing anything as long as they are happy with it.

TexasHK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    Yeah, those muzzle breaks can hurt, and I don't care what caliber they are on.

I used to have one on my AR, and the crack from the .223 with a break really hurt with how sharp it was, and two other guns in the cabinet with them, we have learned from experience...one of my .30-06 has a break and has deafened more than one person who thought they'd fire it without ear plugs, and the other is a Remington 700BDL in 8mm Rem Mag, and although it will drive tacks...shooting it without hearing protection will cause hearing trouble for about a week.

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Yeah, those muzzle breaks can hurt, and I don't care what caliber they are on.

I used to have one on my AR, and the crack from the .223 with a break really hurt with how sharp it was, and two other guns in the cabinet with them, we have learned from experience...one of my .30-06 has a break and has deafened more than one person who thought they'd fire it without ear plugs, and the other is a Remington 700BDL in 8mm Rem Mag, and although it will drive tacks...shooting it without hearing protection will cause hearing trouble for about a week.

Friend of mine has a brake/compensator on his AR. It's also billed as flash suppressor in the ad copy, but relative to every other flash suppressor on the market it's quite the flash enhancer. There's ~60 degree cone behind the muzzle where the report isn't too bad, but sitting at a right angle - such as the neighboring bench - you feel quite the concussion with every shot. The best indication of just how loud it gets - when shooting at night from a covered bench at the local range where the bang will shut off the closest sodium lamp after it's warmed up.

In short, it makes his .223 AR louder than the average .308 rifle. Even the Mosin-Nagant Carbines aren't quite so loud.

Top Bottom