• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    any recommendations on alternatives? from the little searching I've done it seems like the best place got shut down by developers and is now selling to the ones that got them shut down.

Round Rock. Recommendation are appreciated.

Thanks for the welcome everyone
    Round Rock has a Shoot Point Blank. Indoor facility I believe. About 30 minutes North of RR just past Georgetown, off I-35 is The Firing Line. And on 183 North past Liberty Hill is the Lonestar Range and Academy. Probably 30-40 minute drive from RR.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    any recommendations on alternatives? from the little searching I've done it seems like the best place got shut down by developers and is now selling to the ones that got them shut down.

looks like to be guaranteed that local government won't shut me down even on my own land in Texas I have to own more than 50 acres (I don't have anywhere near that currently). I'm not opposed to doing so but then I have to either spend seven figures (or least mid six) or I have to spend low six figure AND drive 3-4 hours each way to get to *MY* place to shoot. I prefer private to public sector for almost everything but in Phoenix I could drive 15-20 minutes out of the city and have access to tons of BLM land to shoot, four wheel, whatever. BLM generally doesn't care as long as you can't do any worse than the mines did. When it's a <hour drive I know I'd make that drive every weekend, when it's 3-4 it would end up being a rare treat. My two cents anyway.

Location was driven by business interests, not the people of Austin

Round Rock. Recommendation are appreciated.

Thanks for the welcome everyone

So depending on what part of round rock depends on how far you are going to drive. The two indoor ranges that I would recommend are Shoot Point Blank in Round Rock and Shady Oaks in Cedar Park.

Don't even waste your time going to eagle peak. They won't let you shoot FMJ out of your rifle on the rifle range. So as it being the only outdoor range in the general area that isn't a gun club you're looking at signing up for a gun club.

The Firing Line is probably the best option CLOSE to you that is outdoors and it's in Georgetown. Keep in Mind the Firing Line is a gun club. All the other options are farther away than that.

Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Austin
    Round Rock has a Shoot Point Blank. Indoor facility I believe. About 30 minutes North of RR just past Georgetown, off I-35 is The Firing Line. And on 183 North past Liberty Hill is the Lonestar Range and Academy. Probably 30-40 minute drive from RR.

So depending on what part of round rock depends on how far you are going to drive. The two indoor ranges that I would recommend are Shoot Point Blank in Round Rock and Shady Oaks in Cedar Park.

Don't even waste your time going to eagle peak. They won't let you shoot FMJ out of your rifle on the rifle range. So as it being the only outdoor range in the general area that isn't a gun club you're looking at signing up for a gun club.

The Firing Line is probably the best option CLOSE to you that is outdoors and it's in Georgetown. Keep in Mind the Firing Line is a gun club. All the other options are farther away than that.

Thank you both, much appreciated.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Agreed, Point Blank is handy and indoors but incredibly pricey. Red's Indoor Range in Pflugerville is my favorite indoor range around, decent prices for now.
    Yeah, Best of the West got shut down which sucks. They were the only ones around with a decent long range capability.
    What specifically is your desire?

Top Bottom