• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's kind of scary to think that with the baby boomers retiring, there are a lack of good weldors daily missing in this country. It's estimated that the U.S. in need of about 250,000 today.

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    It’s not just welders mate. I was too young to remember the (almost) industry wide hiring freeze that seemed to have lasted almost a decade, but I do see the gap between the baby boomers and the next generation in almost every aspect of the petrochemical industry. I’m an active voting member of several American Petroleum Institute chapters, and I see the age (and with that come knowledge more often than not) gap in the industry. We’re about to lose a lot of great men and women in the industry, and I hope that we newcomers (I’m 38, if that matters) can fill the void. Speaking of the Midland area, my boss just called and said to prepare to head that way, ‘tis the nature of the beast I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I did that wrong. I intended to reply to 2 posts and then brain farted.

Speaking of the Midland area, my boss just called and said to prepare to head that way, ‘tis the nature of the beast I suppose.
    I’m headed that way tomorrow myself.

We have out own power grid, gold depository, and massive amounts of oil.

I say Texas should replace the U.N. and then we start running this place. One world government called "The Lone Star"....right here.

Why do we need to let others join the Lonestar Order?

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    I'm sure craftsmen of all trades are lacking, I just look at stats on welding.

You’re 100% correct in that.

The average age for a Journeyman electrician in the USA is 55 years old. That’s the average age. Let that sink in for a minute.

It is understood that 40% of the construction industry is to retire, within the next 10 years.

Be prepared for skilled tradesmen to start earning the wages that are coming due to limited supply and an ever increasing demand for their skill set.

I teach in the evening at the apprenticeship school, after work. It is where I attended school. We are given these statistics pretty often. I’m proud of my students, they are our future.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

The average age for a Journeyman electrician in the USA is 55 years old. That’s the average age. Let that sink in for a minute.

It is understood that 40% of the construction industry is to retire, within the next 10 years.

Be prepared for skilled tradesmen to start earning the wages that are coming due to limited supply and an ever increasing demand for their skill set.

I teach in the evening at the apprenticeship school, after work. It is where I attended school. We are given these statistics pretty often. I’m proud of my students, they are our future.

Henry David Thoreau
    Absolutely 100% correct.

Construction is getting bad. Real bad.

Every job that requires people to actually work is.

Even jobs like trucking are hurting.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

Henry David Thoreau
    I won't say I'm proud of all, some need a swift kick, but on the whole I agree. The problem is, I can't train as fast as demand. I'm one of 4 instructors and last summer I lost count of how many calls I got looking for weldors. All that were at or close to being competent had jobs.

Top Bottom