New Primary Arms Red Dot: What do you want reviewed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm getting the new Primary Arms micro red dot soon.

View attachment 30600

This is my first PA product. I know many of you are PA fans.

I'd like to do a review on this product, but instead of the typical review, I'd like to know what you would like to see in the review.

*I won't be shooting this with a shotgun to see if still works or any torture testing*

I'm planning on making a 3-5 minute video on this product and want to not only hit the highlights but attempt to answer any specific questions you may have.

So please let me know and check back in this thread when I get the review up on YouTube I'll post it here as well.
    ARJ Defense ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Give the parallax a good testing. Strap the rifle down and shoot groups by using the dot at the edge of the scope instead of just the center. See if it still hits where you are aiming.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Give the parallax a good testing. Strap the rifle down and shoot groups by using the dot at the edge of the scope instead of just the center. See if it still hits where you are aiming.
    Interesting. I will keep that in mind. This has a 2 MOA dot so that should help accuracy but your suggestion would test consistency.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Yup. Most are supposed to be parallax free but the lower end red dots sometimes fail to deliver. I am just curious how the PAs stand up.

Shoot one group with each shot fired from the dot in a different location, center, up, down, etc. and see if the rounds stack up. Then we will know.

Thanks and enjoy.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yup. Most are supposed to be parallax free but the lower end red dots sometimes fail to deliver. I am just curious how the PAs stand up.

Shoot one group with each shot fired from the dot in a different location, center, up, down, etc. and see if the rounds stack up. Then we will know.

Thanks and enjoy.
    Interesting. I think it is parallax free past 50 yards...

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Other than cost, I'd like to know pros/cons over aimpoint t1 and, now, the T2. I absolutely love the two t1s I own, but the cost makes me want to look for other options. Now that the t2 is out, rumor has it the t1 msrp will be reduced, but I haven't seen it yet.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Other than cost, I'd like to know pros/cons over aimpoint t1 and, now, the T2. I absolutely love the two t1s I own, but the cost makes me want to look for other options. Now that the t2 is out, rumor has it the t1 msrp will be reduced, but I haven't seen it yet.
    Feel free to send me the Aimpoint to compare against!

Thats a good point. Ill try to compare it against its competion. We know the Aimpoint is better but is it $500 better?

I had an Aimpoint PRO so ill be able to generally compare it to Aimpoint in terms of overall quality.

A more real world competitor to the red dot is the Bushnell TRS 25

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Haha, nutnfancy! What's your POU and how many 45 min videos will you need to complete this review? How many appearances will your random friends make in the video?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Haha, nutnfancy! What's your POU and how many 45 min videos will you need to complete this review? How many appearances will your random friends make in the video?
    Ill weigh the red dot. Much heavier than a butterflies eyelash. "Good luck humping through the desert with this optic in your loadout bros!" I like him overall. I hope he can laugh at himself though.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    254e7813540f2f8519d545bafe4e8808.jpg

46ea2b76ebf103ce9b3821e26ebeb126.jpg

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Supposed to be parallax free beyond 50 yards. Ill take some pix this weekend of the dot on a bright day.

Im still planning on making a video for the fun of it but keep the questions coming and ill answer as I can.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    How about some real world tests...
    Lean the rifle against the wall and let it slide down to the floor and hit the sight a few times. See if it holds zero or glitches out.
    Also bang it against the door frame of your car as you get in and out. Check for function and zero.

I've already accidentally performed these tests on my SPARC and it's doing well so far :laughing:

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Once you establish zero, try differet cheek welds.
    In other words, try shooting with the dot off center off the tube. Up, down, left, right.

Top Bottom