• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    I need to check it out soon.. Probably not much further away than Eagle Peak from my house..and they allow FMJ's, rapid fire... wonder if you can draw, or if they have a place to practice IDPA type set up...Guess I could visit and get my questions answered first hand..LOL
    Guns International

dlf57

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Pflugerville
    Sorry to revive this thread but wasn't sure where to post a quick question. Are there pits at the longer ranges like 500 & 1000 or is it just berms? Also do they have steel plates setup and can magnums be fired at them?

Thanks,

Dan

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    The longer ranges are just berms and I believe they may have LaRue Targets on them, steel and reset when hit. Not sure of caliber issues. I am not a long range shooter, have just been out theere for matches.

Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    I believe you can shoot 50 bmg ball ammo on the rifle range-
    Of course I wouldn't shoot anything under 350 yds- not sure that would do the target much good
    I have not been out to shoot rifle, only skeet and pistol

GTUPilot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Georgetown
    I have been out there twice now and the range is definitely (in my opinion) the best range in the central texas area. It feels like a real range, not one that sprouted up in the hills and was kinda thrown together. I have been out there when there was literally no one else out there but my buddy, myself and the RO. The RO was really nice and friendly, he let us do pretty much what ever he wanted, rapid fire, shots out to the 750 without qualifying; basically we were just out there having fun and the RO was there with us just having small competitions and bets on hitting the targets. One of the other great things about this range is that you dont have to rent a spotting scope, if you paid for the rifle range you can use one free of charge and they are actually pretty good spotters. Hope my short review helps on giving you an idea of what the place is like!

Top Bottom