• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm actually really excited to see this gun. I have to say, I'm rather impressed with Remington. You can clearly see they put a lot of time, engineering, and attention to detail on this gun. It looks good, it's priced right, and the specs look good. I want one! ;)

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Agreed. I definitely want to put hands on one. It's a pretty sexy gun and could easily become my wife's choice for a carry gun.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I also just noticed but, I see design/styling elements reminiscent of the H&K P9S as well as the Vektor CP-1 series handguns. I'm also liking the fact that it appears to have a grip long enough for a full 3 finger firing grip.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    With my disappointment in the Glock 42, this is at least interesting. The early reports sound positive but I need to study the action more.

Buck Nekkid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    San Antonio
    With a price under $400 and made of steel and aluminum, what's not to like. Now I wonder if Remington will think about resurrecting the Model 53 often thought to be superior to the 1911, but never produced for commercial sale.

Buck

Handgun World

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    San Antonio
    When I first saw pictures and info about this gun, I thought it was a must have. I thought Remington hit a home run! Then when I realized it had a grip safety and thought, crap...they went and put that on the gun, why?

Remember the grip safety was added to the 1911 to fit the needs of the cavalry. So why are all these manufacturers putting them on their guns? Are they going after the "equestrian crowd" as their target market? Perhaps they are trying to sell guns to horseback warriors?

i still might buy a Remington 51 to try it out. I will put it through the test and give it my usual 1,000 round trigger job, and reserve final judgement until then.

But Ive had students in my classes trying to draw their XD's real fast and not get the proper grip and can't fire the first round until they re adjust their grip. Seen it with 1911's in USPSA matches too.

Wonder how long it will take before I can get one?

Handgun World Podcast

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ... a grip safety ...

... not get the proper grip and can't fire the first round until they re adjust their grip. Seen it with 1911's in USPSA matches too. ...
    Kind of a U.S. problem, isn't it? I'm under the impression that custom 'smiths building IPSC pistols in Europe still pin the grip safeties like 'smiths in the U.S. routinely did a few decades ago.

I'm always on the lookout for those 1911 frames from the 1980s that were built with solid backstraps and can't be fitted with grip safeties. It's been so long that I've forgotten who made them but I can still recognize 'em when I see 'em.

To get back on topic - I, too, would have MUCH preferred this pistol come without a grip safety. I doubt it will replace my Nano but I'm anxious to handle one. There's always a chance I'll fall in love.

Handgun World

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    San Antonio
    What I meant is that it's a single stack 9mm. In that class of weapon, I don't see how it beats a SIG P290RS, Kahr PM9, Shield 9mm, XDS, etc. What does it do in it's class that other guns in it's class don't do?

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Grip safety allows it to be carried ready for action while still allowing it to have an SA trigger; which should feel nicer than 99% of any other pocket pistol made.

Easy CZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    Oklahoma, aka North Texas
    I love it. Beautiful design, low-recoil action, great MSRP. The R51 is on my short list.

ademepam.jpg

hyze9y6u.jpg

ehumeze2.jpg

Top Bottom