• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    How Glock failed to squeeze one more round in there is beyond me. It's the size of a PF-9 with the capacity of a P3AT.
    Hurley's Gold

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Dammit. The more I look at this thing, the more I like it. It's so ugly and I really dislike grip safeties... but I'm going to be buying one. In addition to the low bore axis, the overall size of this handgun is just what I'm wanting for the summer.

R51-vs-competition.png

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I was actually looking for just such a gun for this spring. Be talk in to the local gun store tomorrow.
    Used to have very similar gun in the seventies.

from an non-recovering coffeeholic

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I've got an original M51 in .380. My wife's grandpa toted it around Taylor before WWII. Nice little shooter with great ergonomics.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    When I first saw pictures and info about this gun, I thought it was a must have. I thought Remington hit a home run! Then when I realized it had a grip safety and thought, crap...they went and put that on the gun, why?

Remember the grip safety was added to the 1911 to fit the needs of the cavalry. So why are all these manufacturers putting them on their guns? Are they going after the "equestrian crowd" as their target market? Perhaps they are trying to sell guns to horseback warriors?

i still might buy a Remington 51 to try it out. I will put it through the test and give it my usual 1,000 round trigger job, and reserve final judgement until then.

But Ive had students in my classes trying to draw their XD's real fast and not get the proper grip and can't fire the first round until they re adjust their grip. Seen it with 1911's in USPSA matches too.

Wonder how long it will take before I can get one?

Handgun World Podcast

While I agree that the XD series grip safety is stupid, superfluous and stupid, and I especially hate the stupid way it keeps the slide from moving, the grip safety on the R51 actually serves a purpose. It's a single action pistol and the grip safety is the only safety.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Was hoping an actual day was on the calendar. May end up doing this one through buds. I've got a lot of travel in Feb and may just be easier to pick up from an FFL, shipped, than trying to track down and price.

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    Remington 51 & 53 look mighty neat.
    I don't mind a grip safety.
    I kinda like a 1910/22 Browning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      76.8 KB · Views: 120

Handgun World

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    San Antonio
    While I agree that the XD series grip safety is stupid, superfluous and stupid, and I especially hate the stupid way it keeps the slide from moving, the grip safety on the R51 actually serves a purpose. It's a single action pistol and the grip safety is the only safety.

OK, that makes good sense. I'm glad it's a grip safety and not a frame mounted thumb safety.

On another subject, what will this gun do, that a Shield, XDS, Kahr and Kel Tec 9mm won't do?

Chilidog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2013
    Along the Yellowstone
    I really like the looks of this piece. It reminds me of the Walther PPK which I have always wanted but was unable to justify because of the cost. This one is in range and I want one to the point of selling my collection of ... Well, I'll have to think on that one some more. But I really really want one.

Top Bottom