• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    .204 is a neat fast round, watch the wind though I've had bad experiances in the wind with them. BTW thats a good price.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    .204 Ruger is by far one of the most fun calibers on the face of the planet. Wait until you paint a tree in what used to be a squirrel, the joy is priceless.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Anything shooting a light bullet is going to have issues shooting in wind.
    It's true, I have the same rifle in a .22-250 and shooting for prairie dogs at 300 or more yds. in 20mph cross-wind is a mil-dot and guess matter.
    I bought mine back when Sportsmans warehouse used to be open in Round Rock for $499, You got a good deal, and they're great rifles.
    If you want to spruce it up a bit, the factory synthetic stocks sell on e-bay for around $45 which is just about the cost of a nice polished walnut 700 BDL Varmint special stock costs used, just be sure to get one of the right action size.

Here's a link to one, just an idea http://cgi.ebay.com/Remington-700-V...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19bd3af242

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I understand that but the .204 seems to have alot more of a problem with it than the .22-250 and .223.

Odd, it should have a better BC since it's running similar bullet weights to the .223 at a smaller diameter. Should be reasonably slippery...

Harley Rider 55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Just like a hot rod...I can't leave it alone. I ordered a Bell and Carlson A2 Medalist stock and a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 scope. This thing should shoot better than I can. ;)

Yotes better watch out. When I'm used to the setup - a P dog trip iwill be on order.

Top Bottom