• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ElevenBravo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Bought the Mrs. a CZ 455 for an anniversary gift as she mentioned she wanted a squirrel gun. The rifle comes with barrels for 22LR and 17 HMR, and a barrel switch takes about 2 minutes to do. Also put a Leupold scope on it to go with the classic rifle lines and walnut stock.

IMG_20170617_130054.jpg

We went to the range, a nice afternoon. Not too hot, not too cool. I also brought the modded 10/22 that I built for my nephew. After burning through a couple hundred rounds of 22, I swapped out barrels between target resets and set it up for 17HMR. Definitely shoots better than .22, but I think it may be that we weren't shooting "quality" ammo.

IMG_20170617_173516.jpg

IMG_20170617_173531.jpg

Anyone notice that Eley ammo smells weird when fired?

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    No set trigger. The 453 has it, this is a 455. The trigger could use a bit of work. Maybe a trigger job once everything is broken in.

Do a search on Rimfire Central for the "YoDave trigger kit". If you want a step up from that get the DIP adjustable sear and spring kit. The sear is a pain in the butt to install but once it's in it's a great trigger.

Make sure you try SK Standard Plus (or Rifle Match), Eley Target (or Club), and RWS Target Rifle (or Rifle Match). If you discover which brand it likes best then you can move up the quality ladder within that brand to find your price/performance best value.

Congratulations on the fine rifle and scope.

ElevenBravo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Make sure you try SK Standard Plus (or Rifle Match), Eley Target (or Club), and RWS Target Rifle (or Rifle Match). If you discover which brand it likes best then you can move up the quality ladder within that brand to find your price/performance best value.

Congratulations on the fine rifle and scope.

Tried the Eley Target ammo. Shot OK, but regular CCI seems to suit it better. The Eley ammo smells weird.

RaggedHole

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    Bought the Mrs. a CZ 455 for an anniversary gift as she mentioned she wanted a squirrel gun. The rifle comes with barrels for 22LR and 17 HMR, and a barrel switch takes about 2 minutes to do. Also put a Leupold scope on it to go with the classic rifle lines and walnut stock.

Congrats on the buy! The fit, finish, and accuracy on their 455/452 series really can't be beat, at least not until you start paying 3x more for an Anschutz. I had a 455 ultralux and should have never sold it! Might need to get another... :)

Top Bottom