• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    It makes it worth it to become a member. They have certain levels that offer perks...like reserving range time, 1 free guest & free rentals.
    With my military discount its $30 a month

LminusV

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Georgetown
    Does anyone know why the Georgetown Gun Range never got off the ground? They announced a Winter of 2018 opening and then radio silence. I've asked around but no one seems to have an answer.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    It makes it worth it to become a member. They have certain levels that offer perks...like reserving range time, 1 free guest & free rentals.

Excellent I didn't see the veteran part. Guess I will update my membership to the premium status to get weekends included as well and be able to reserve times. Plus bring one free guest. I am in! Now if they just get it built.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Excellent I didn't see the veteran part. Guess I will update my membership to the premium status to get weekends included as well and be able to reserve times. Plus bring one free guest. I am in! Now if they just get it built.
    Its one of the best indoor ranges i have been too. They really throw some money in them to do it right. The sound proofing is some of the best ive seen/heard.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Unlike the gun store this place must have some huge capitol involved. I would doubt they just walk away quickly. You never know though.

The chain is pretty impressive. To be expanding as much as they are in this market is gutsy but they apparently must have the formula down pat.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The chain is pretty impressive. To be expanding as much as they are in this market is gutsy but they apparently must have the formula down pat.
    Looks like a real estate investment.
    Kinda hard to lose these days, in that area.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Looks like a real estate investment.
    Kinda hard to lose these days, in that area.

I've heard that as well as a few other ideas. Supposedly the chain finds a local person to throw up the structure and they then work their range model as partners. After the property appreciates significantly, owner tears it down and sells the land. Building is worthless so make it cheap and simple rather than delay with lead abatement.

No idea if that is true or not.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    25a.jpg

Attachments

• 25a.jpg
      25a.jpg
      35.1 KB · Views: 455

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Got this email today.

Shoot Point Blank
    Your help request:

David,
    Round Rock should be opening near the end of February.
    Please keep an eye on the website for updates.
    https://shootpointblank.com/location-austin

Bill

I plan on joining the minute I see a definite opening date posted. Going to take advantage of that vet discount and premium membership!

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I don't know. Red's south is right by Motorola/Freescale/ now NXP and it didn't seem to help them any. I used to go there for lunch but got tired of the employees and being shoulder to shoulder with others. That place is very tight! Back then there were 12k employees there. I was lucky to find 2 or 3 that would go shoot every now and then.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Just got word they are hoping to get the online web up tomorrow (Friday) and the store opening on Saturday. I will be joining!

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Just went this evening to check it out. Seems pretty nice. 10 lanes but a little more cramped than Shady Oaks not as bad as Reds (North). Clean, friendly. $10 membership this month. 25% discount on memberships if a vet, LE or EMS. I bought a membership premier for $8.10 (with discount) this month and $29.95 next month. Premier gets you one guest whenever you are there. If some of us were at this level we could bring others at our lunches for free. Maybe get them to chip in $10. Got a few pics to share.

Entrance area
    XzUZeVmh.jpg

Classrooms
    aExt3vdh.jpg

Sales
    UIGVcxbh.jpg

jEkWseuh.jpg

Range
    fnZQx2Th.jpg

dQYGQxCh.jpg

Supposed to get one free class with my membership. Going to take the Advanced handgun class or Holster class so I can do the draw and fire practice on selected days 4 times a month. Go by and check them out if you are close! Everyone I spoke with seemed very friendly!

Attachments

• XzUZeVmh.jpg
      XzUZeVmh.jpg
      76.4 KB · Views: 570
    • aExt3vdh.jpg
      aExt3vdh.jpg
      83.7 KB · Views: 553
    • UIGVcxbh.jpg
      UIGVcxbh.jpg
      134.2 KB · Views: 610
    • jEkWseuh.jpg
      jEkWseuh.jpg
      127.7 KB · Views: 576
    • fnZQx2Th.jpg
      fnZQx2Th.jpg
      109.9 KB · Views: 579
    • dQYGQxCh.jpg
      dQYGQxCh.jpg
      109.7 KB · Views: 609
    Last edited:

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Just went this evening to check it out. Seems pretty nice. 10 lanes but a little more cramped than Shady Oaks not as bad as Reds (North). Clean, friendly. $10 membership this month. 25% discount on memberships if a vet, LE or EMS. I bought a membership premier for $8.10 (with discount) this month and $29.95 next month. Premier gets you one guest whenever you are there. If some of us were at this level we could bring others at our lunches for free. Maybe get them to chip in $10. Got a few pics to share.

Entrance area
    View attachment 204481

Classrooms
    View attachment 204482

Sales
    View attachment 204483
    View attachment 204484

Range
    View attachment 204485
    View attachment 204486

Supposed to get one free class with my membership. Going to take the Advanced handgun class or Holster class so I can do the draw and fire practice on selected days 4 times a month. Go by and check them out if you are close! Everyone I spoke with seemed very friendly!
    Thanks for the REport!

yellowg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Pflugerville, Texas
    It’s actually 20 lanes. There’s another 10 lanes you can’t see from the side with the window.

I also got the premier and shot there. Their air ventilation is the best I have ever seen. The gas and smoke from firing is pulled away from you.

Top Bottom