• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Otang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Converse
    Whats up fellas. Found this today and figured I'd join. I don't hunt or own a firearm yet, however I respect them and respect our right to bear arms.

Like so many people, I find myself desiring to buy a firearm because of the incoming presidential administration. I WILL NOT discuss any more about it, other than I am not sure what is in this country's future, so I figured I get educated and arm myself just in case. I'll read up on threads, but please bear with my ignorance.
    Capitol Armory ad

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Welcome!

Welcome to the forum. When you decide to buy your first gun, no doubt folks on here will be a big help. My wife calls the contents of my gun safe, "my affliction". I must admit it is very addictive..... so be warned...one gun turns into 2 and then into 4 and so on....

Great to have you here.....

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Whats up fellas. Found this today and figured I'd join. I don't hunt or own a firearm yet, however I respect them and respect our right to bear arms.

Like so many people, I find myself desiring to buy a firearm because of the incoming presidential administration. I WILL NOT discuss any more about it, other than I am not sure what is in this country's future, so I figured I get educated and arm myself just in case. I'll read up on threads, but please bear with my ignorance.

Good to have you here Otang. Don't worry about being overwhelmed. There is a ton of aspects to firearms that can take a looooooong time to learn. ;) Usually the best place to start is to find a friend or local person that is already knowledgeable about firearms, so they can personally help you out, help you learn, etc. It's easy to learn a lot off the internet, but nothing beats hands on training. Though, this forum is here for the inexperienced too! ;) Feel free to ask all the questions you want. We're here to help.

Otang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Converse
    Thank you for the warm welcome.

My wife calls the contents of my gun safe, "my affliction". I must admit it is very addictive..... so be warned...one gun turns into 2 and then into 4 and so on....

Sounds a lot like my airsoft hobby. VERY ADDICTING. Although a fun sport, it also turned me towards real steel. A small bunch of fellow players also helped me steer towards real firearms since they are gun owners themselves.

Its obvious how popular guns are recently. Have you guys had trouble finding firearms because of the demand? Have you seen a spike in prices? I'm interested in getting an AR stripped lower and already see shortages.

BeNotAfraid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Red River, Texas
    "...these are going to be 'The Good 'ole Days!'"

HOWDY and Welcome, Otang!

you got an awful pretty town there--I love it!

Yes, we have seen price increases; a wise man will buy now.

As a metals friend of mine says: "When has the price of gold been zero?"

Likewise, when has an AR15 or even stripped lower been zero?

BUY!

(just some advice from a 60+ old dude, what's seen it all)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom