• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyrant D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2017
    What do you guys think? FYI it's not my EDC gun.
    Venture Surplus ad

Attachments

• IMG_5013.jpg
      IMG_5013.jpg
      677.6 KB · Views: 361

Fishhog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    East of Dallas
    I don't know why a guy couldn't use a Shield for an EDC ? I use one regularly and they are great shooters and easily concealable. I made my own holster for mine, as I prefer a crossdraw type as compared to the normal hip holster.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I carried a Shield until Glock came out with the 43
    I kept it in a leather IWB holster in my go bag so that if I wanted to I could stuff it in my waist band over my belt at about 4 oclock position between the side of my hip and small of my back.
    The Shield is still a great go to concealed carry gun option of mine.

Old BuffaloHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    And also, what kind of magazine extension is that? Doesn't appear as though the mag release or the mag extension whould be of any benefit for improving concealment... Okay for range use, though. I always carry my Shield with the standard length mags (6 rds for .40 S&W & 7 rds. for 9mm), saving the extra lengths for reloads. I ended up with 2 PC models, and I generally carry the .40 S&W. The 9 mm is cheaper to shoot for practice- I kinda like that feature. And I really don't notice the extra recoil of the .40 as some remark about... Both pistol really shoot the same. Maybe its all in the head- but, I actually do shoot the ported barrel .40 a little better. Go figure....

spuds015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    And also, what kind of magazine extension is that? Doesn't appear as though the mag release or the mag extension whould be of any benefit for improving concealment... Okay for range use, though. I always carry my Shield with the standard length mags (6 rds for .40 S&W & 7 rds. for 9mm), saving the extra lengths for reloads. I ended up with 2 PC models, and I generally carry the .40 S&W. The 9 mm is cheaper to shoot for practice- I kinda like that feature. And I really don't notice the extra recoil of the .40 as some remark about... Both pistol really shoot the same. Maybe its all in the head- but, I actually do shoot the ported barrel .40 a little better. Go figure....
    Looks like this one.
    https://www.tyrantcnc.com/products/s-w-shield-9mm-2-mag-extension

Looks like this mag extension.
    https://www.tyrantcnc.com/products/s-w-shield-9mm-2-mag-extension
    And this release
    https://www.tyrantcnc.com/collections/all-ar15-grips/products/shield-mag-release

I kind if like that mag release because my factory s&w release has a tendency to rust. It has even stuck and I almost couldn't get the magazine out.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Yep, I've had mine start to rust too, but I noticed it well ahead of the point of sticking. Y'all do pull yours out of the holster every now and then to inspect, right? No? Maybe you should :)

I wipe it down with a little oil every couple months now, seems to keep everything happy.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yep, I've had mine start to rust too, but I noticed it well ahead of the point of sticking. Y'all do pull yours out of the holster every now and then to inspect, right? No? Maybe you should :)

I wipe it down with a little oil every couple months now, seems to keep everything happy.

Shouldn't be left in the holster long term anyway .

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I've owned a Shield for several years and hadn't heard about the rust issue. Just checked mine and it looks ok.

What's funny is I didn't even realize the mag release was steel. I thought it was polymer like the full sized M&P 45 I own. Sure enough, it is steel. :eek:

spuds015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016

I replaced it with a m&p9c so I'll admit I have been neglecting it. Even the area under the front sight has rust.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom