• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Just took delivery of it yesterday. Spent some time removing all the factory lube/preservative. There was quite a lot and the slide even felt a bit gritty when worked. Pretty smooth now. The bore was filthy.

Trigger pull was 6 lbs out of the box. Did a little bit of polishing on the connector and a lot of dry fire. After the polishing and dry fire, it is pretty consistent at just a hair over 5 lbs. The trigger is smooth and breaks cleanly. Much better than my Shield 9 was out of the box. I was planning on installing an Apex hard steel sear, but I may not need to.

It has a very aggressive grip texture, especially on the back strap. Hoping it will smooth out a little over time. If not, Talon Grips here I come.

I bought three extra 6 round mags from Quantico Tactical. Glad I have an UpLula. Very difficult to get the last round in right now. Just part of being new.

I don't have a dedicated holster for it yet, so I've been using the 9's Remora for draw and shoot practice. Seems to be a good fit. Stealthgear Onyx holster is on the way. The 45 will probably become my new EDC if I can get used to the idea of carrying only 7 rounds. I'm hoping Magguts will come up with a +1 for it.

I hope the 45 is as reliable and trouble free as the 9 has been. Can't wait to get to the range with it.

Last edited:

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    i have been very curious about those. I have, and love, the XDs 45. But the shield 45 is about $275 after rebate right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I was curious about the shield .45 since I own an xds 3.3 .45acp. I bought a range officer champion in .45 last year that I have been carrying instead. If I wasn't over polymer pistols I would have to grab one at $275.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

ukcats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2017
    McKinney, TX
    There is a disturbing lack of pictures in this thread.

Nice report.

Wife got one a few weeks ago. She's got 270 rounds through it, no malfunctions. New grip texture was too aggressive for her, so I added a Hogue grip sleeve. It is a nice shooting gun.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Yes! That's what mine looks like, sans the purple grip. I smoothed out the sharp points on the grip with a very light touch of 200 grit paper.

Pics and range report to follow in a week or so.

Btw, just like the 9mm, the 45 slide is very hard to lock back without using a magazine.

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Okay, finally got to the range with it today. Recoil is stouter, but no more than my XDm .45 ACP 3.8" Compact. I seem to shoot it better than my Shield 9mm.

Ran 216 rounds through it today. I had 3 different brands of FMJ. American Eagle, Fiocchi, and Magtech, all 230 gr. Also 41 rounds of Federal HST, and 25 rounds of Golden Saber. I was expecting at least one FTE or FT feed, but it ran flawlessly through everything. Not a single blip.

Until I got home that is. Field stripped it for cleaning, and was just starting to wipe down the RSA when it popped apart. No way I could get it back together.

I contacted S&W customer service and told them what happened. The guy didn't give me any hassle at all. He just took my mailing info and is sending me a new one. Should have it in 7-10 business days, he said.

Last edited:

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    would be interesting to shoot it side by side with an XDs in 45.

really want to buy one with the currwnt rebates, but guns aren't in the budget for awhile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

whittsailor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    The new RSA arrived today. 15 days after I contacted S&W CS. Hope this one lasts longer than the first.

So you got it in 7-10 business days as promised. Way to go Smith and Wesson! Pretty good customer service.

I've got the Shield in 9MM and have had zero issues. I would like to try out one in .45 though. Sounds pretty nice.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    So you got it in 7-10 business days as promised. Way to go Smith and Wesson! Pretty good customer service.

I've got the Shield in 9MM and have had zero issues. I would like to try out one in .45 though. Sounds pretty nice.

Yeah, I have a Shield 9 also. Both are very nice shooters. Recoil on the .45 is not bad at all. Now is the time to get one. Check this out. $225 after the rebate. I may buy another, lol.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/s-w-...aign=Daily+Deal+Email&utm_content=12:00+Email

bigdhornfan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2014
    I've got over 1000 rounds in mine.
    Not one failure of any kind. I've shot everything from Winchester white box to federal aluminum and others. It just doesn't matter what I feed it.
    Did a little color fill on it today. Looks good IMO.
    a49595ca370f15658dadba980f22ba4f.jpg

5afe7f36b6de2ad4dcde957fa8243586.jpg

50ee4d4b8d4563d20ef821bd24e0cba1.jpg

Top Bottom