• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I went to the gun range for the first time last week. I hired an instructor who taught me handgun basics with a Glock 17. I quickly discovered that I like 9mm ammo. I had some trouble with the Glock trigger and some trouble with the grip. I don't know why. Consequently, I began to doubt that I could be a good shooter until I tried a Sig 229. It felt natural in my small hands and my accuracy immediately improved. When I left the range I knew I was hooked on shooting and I knew I wanted a Sig.

I'm out of town at the moment, but as soon as I get back home, I'm going to the range again and decide which Sig to buy. I like the Glock too, but I'm going Sig first.
    Military Camp

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Be careful with a sig.......... they're like chips, you can't have just one!

I love my Sigs and don't think you can go wrong with one. good luck with the hunt.

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Welcome aboard, Little Gun. Always room for another Houston area shooter. Amazing how a little first hand experience beats a whole lot of guess work in making an informed purchase decision, isn't it? Glad you found something that fits you. Be careful about trying a 1911, though. They are really habit forming. Those of us with 1911 fever are forever hooked.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Welcome aboard fellow Houstonian!!! Yea I agree with Sigs. We just bought another one for the collection... Might be considering a Glock next though... :-)

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Welcome aboard, Little Gun. Always room for another Houston area shooter. Amazing how a little first hand experience beats a whole lot of guess work in making an informed purchase decision, isn't it? Glad you found something that fits you. Be careful about trying a 1911, though. They are really habit forming. Those of us with 1911 fever are forever hooked.

Exactly my problem, I've been bitten by the Sig and the 1911 bug! I guess I'm just screwed.

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Exactly my problem, I've been bitten by the Sig and the 1911 bug! I guess I'm just screwed.

Then there is no hope for you. You are destined to always suffer the pangs and torments of "wantitis" for the newest/latest version of both the Sigs and 1911 pistols. Condolences to your family. :)

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    Whatever you do don't grab an HK45!!!!!!! They'd have to amputate your hand to get it back!!!!!!! Also don't play with HK's P30, P2000, P2000sk or for that matter any HK.:)

Top Bottom