• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I bought one of those nylon shoulder holsters at the last Saxet show a few weeks ago. I liked it because it would take my 45 and my XDm40. That was what I liked the most about it. This is my first shoulder rig and it really isn't very comfortable. I realize that I only paid 42 bucks for it, but could the problem be that I am just more familiar carrying in an OWB? or is it because I didn't buy a good quality leather one? It could be both I guess, but I really hate this holster "collecting" stuff. Anybody else just NOT able to get used to their shoulder rig? The idea of buying an expensive leather one, and the problem being me not the holster bites...
    Resale stinks on things like this...lol
    ARJ Defense ad

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    I agree. I have had several nylon S holsters and they are uncomfortable. I recognize leather is more expensive but you get what you pay for. FWIW, I have a Bianchi S holster and it feels good.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I have a Galco Miami Classic and after a few days wearing it and adjusting it, it is extremely comfortable. I borrowed a nylon one once and it was terrible. It slid around a lot, and the design was different from the Galco. The Miami Classic has an X-shaped harness, where all the straps meet between my shoulders, while this nylon thing was shaped like an "H," where the ammo carrier was on one loop, the holster on the other, and a long strap joined them. Once I tightened that connector strap up, it was much more comfortable. But I'll stick with my quality leather.

I'll mention, too, that Galco has some amazing customer service.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I agree. I have had several nylon S holsters and they are uncomfortable. I recognize leather is more expensive but you get what you pay for. FWIW, I have a Bianchi S holster and it feels good.

It's been so long ago (1980), I forgot what model holster it was but I had a Bianchi shoulder rig for a S&W 5" Model 10. It was pretty comfortable. Wish I'd never sold that gun. Not a blemish on it.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I have a cheapie nylon shoulder holster I wear when hiking. I don't find it uncomfortable, but I'm also not using it as a concealed carry rig. Three things I like about it: It fits every handgun I own, nylon is more comfortable to sweat on than leather, and it helps hold my pants up, lol... I've noticed that with the cheap "airsoft" stuff some of it is made better than others and price is not always an indicator. You really have to see and touch it to know. If I were going to use a shoulder holster for serious concealed carry I would get a Galco, tho.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I have an Uncle Mike's shoulder holster that I wear sometimes during the winter, during long drives and while riding my motorcycle. It isn't that more uncomfortable than the leather one I have from Sarajevo, but I still prefer IWB. However, I don't consider than an option when riding a sportbike...

TheTomcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I've had many shoulder holsters over the years. The most comfortable ones have been galco. I have a few nylon ones as well. For me to be comfortable I cut off the retention straps that go to your belt and let the gun and magazines hang. Unless you are doing jumping jacks it makes no difference. Quality goes a long way though and of course you do get what you pay for.

Top Bottom