• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • QB TOO

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 5, 2020
    Carrollton, TX
    As usual I've been looking for some out of production SIGs in new/like new condition and finally found them. There are three shown but I have one more P226 ASE on it's way. I hope to shoot all of them next week except the P229 Platinum Elite. I'm not sure I can bring myself to shoot it since it's so hard to find in new condition. But then again, I can't take it with me when I leave this ole world so I may as well shoot it, I didn't buy it as a "collector" and no one in my family has any interest in guns. I have long fingers so the wood grips that came on the ASE guns suit me just fine although I do prefer "grippier" grips. The aluminum grips on the P229 Platinum Elite feel great. I LOVE the SRT (short reach trigger).

P226 ASE (Talo) 9mm, SRT, Siglite night sights - purchased a SIG threaded barrel for this one. I have an identical one coming in that will be shot unsuppressed. This is a 2020 dated gun even though I thought they weren't making these anymore. The alloy frame on this one is darker than the P229 ASE and I wonder if the finish is different since it's a 2020 gun. The picture is without a flash and shows the gun and grips darker than they are. I will try to get better pictures next week.

P229 ASE (Talo) 9mm, SRT, Siglite night sights - purchased a SIG threaded barrel for this one. This is a 2016 dated gun.

P229 Platinum Elite 9mm, SRT, Siglite Adjustable Combat night sights - will be shot unsuppressed if and when I shoot it. These grips are a little blinding but they grow on ya. And after all, I do love "bling" handguns...LOL. This is a 2012 dated gun but is the current slide with full height rear cocking serrations, long external extractor and Hogue made SIG SAUER logo white aluminum grips. When they first came out they had the Legacy slide with half height rear cocking serrations, short extractor and original SIG SAUER logo white aluminum grips that were NOT made by Hogue.

Here's a quick picture. I'll update with a range report hopefully next week.
    Knl4Mwr.jpg

Last edited:

QB TOO

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 5, 2020
    Carrollton, TX
    I''ll just stick with my Made in W Germany old school Sig 226 wonder nine!

I love the Germany made guns and used to have quite a few until I sold them to purchase other guns. Sure wish I had kept some of them, especially the 9mm Sport, XFive Allround and P210-6. Oh the good old days when I had nothing to do but buy and shoot guns in my spare time...LOL.

Chips n Salsa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2017
    Plano
    Those are awesome...Do you ever have Robert Burke / Sig Armorer do any fine tuning on your Sigs? I think those P22X-series are his sweet-spot?

QB TOO

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 5, 2020
    Carrollton, TX
    I also own a P226 ASE. I rate it as one of the 6 best I've ever owned.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I hope to be able to shoot my P226 ASE and P229 ASE tomorrow ... surpressed and unsurpressed. I haven't had a SRT before and anticipate that I'll really like it.

I'm debating on whether to get some "grippier" grips...G10 or aluminum. I love the aluminum grips on my platinum.

Glad you like your P226 ASE.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Some people like that da trigger, some don’t. The P250’s are still a nice gun but I myself prefer the P320.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had a P250 in .40 about 6 years ago. Didn't care for it.
    I've got 2 P320's and love those.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    Absolute beauties. I need to shoot a 229 and some variants, just to see how much they differ from my 228s and ex-226.

to me, the sheet metal slides on the classic P models feel better shot for shot

i can’t find better shooters than my old school 228s and 220s.

someone should do a side by side with the milled stainless steel slides.

QB TOO

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 5, 2020
    Carrollton, TX
    Man I'd love a 229 like that middle one - perfect size, good balance, and that beavertail would help keep it flat.
    Well I have a couple more stashed in my safe!!! If you have a Scheels in your area call them. They have the P229 ASE (don't trust their webpage) in their inventory. They are priced at $949.99 plus tax (if applicable)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom