• ...and so much more!
  • TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    You confused me for a bit until I realized his last name is Bonnen, not Bonner. I don't know anything about him but I did learn that we lost a lot of R seats in the elections. I shudder to think of a blue Texas but I think it is coming in my lifetime.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You confused me for a bit until I realized his last name is Bonnen, not Bonner. I don't know anything about him but I did learn that we lost a lot of R seats in the elections. I shudder to think of a blue Texas but I think it is coming in my lifetime.

I hear you. But I sure hope you are wrong.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Anyone know anything about Bonnon? Google just talks about his speaker candidacy. A casual search doesn't show much about his voting record.

Brian Boru

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2014
    Texas
    Anyone know anything about Bonnon? Google just talks about his speaker candidacy. A casual search doesn't show much about his voting record.
    He served in leadership under Straus as Speaker Pro Tempore. So he's establishment, but his record is more conservative than most of the previous leadership team. I'm not a fan of him as a person, but he's getting support from all over the spectrum. That includes some democrats but also seems to include nearly all of the most conservative guys in the House. I heard an interview with Tony Tinderholt, one of the better guys who basically said he thinks Bonnen will be a good speaker and give conservative bills a fair hearing. That was the main problem with Straus, he didn't let some of the best bills even come to a vote. Fingers crossed, I think it's too early to judge either way. He could be Straus 2.0 or he could be a welcome change.

Top Bottom