• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    That's a fair price given the current market.

My FFL could have easily put it online and some idiot would have happily bid it up to a couple hundred more for it than what I paid. I told him I wouldn’t be offended if he wanted to do that instead of sell it to me, but he’s a stand up guy.

Springfield, or perhaps one of the middlemen in the supply chain, make the gun dealers buy 2 hellcats or other slow movers if you want one SA35. Unfortunately it’s not unlike trying to buy a stainless steel Rolex sports watch nowadays. Buy multiple of what you don’t want to get one of what you actually want.

Last edited:

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Springfield, or perhaps one of the middlemen in the supply chain, make the gun dealers buy 2 hellcats or other slow movers if you want one SA35. Unfortunately it’s not unlike trying to buy a stainless steel Rolex sports watch nowadays. Buy multiple of what you don’t want to get one of what you actually want.
    Yup, just like cable channel bundling....

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    My FFL could have easily put it online and some idiot would have happily bid it up to a couple hundred more for it than what I paid. I told him I wouldn’t be offended if he wanted to do that instead of sell it to me, but he’s a stand up guy.

I might up the price of the SA35 and "BOGO" deal with a hellcat if the hellcat is a slow mover. Just raise the retail price of the SA35 by the wholesale on the Hellcat, add another 10% and just get the slow mover gone.

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    I got to shoot a box of 50 through it last weekend at the range.

So my first impressions is that it is a real nice gun, I would like to own it.

I don’t need it, I have a SA 1911, and a XD full size in 9mm.

So it doesn’t fill any gaps in my arsenal. It’s a want not a need. I will pass until I have 700$ to just blow for the hell of it.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I got to shoot a box of 50 through it last weekend at the range.

So my first impressions is that it is a real nice gun, I would like to own it.

I don’t need it, I have a SA 1911, and a XD full size in 9mm.

So it doesn’t fill any gaps in my arsenal. It’s a want not a need. I will pass until I have 700$ to just blow for the hell of it.

That’s fair. I’d also wait till it’s confirmed that SA has resolved the issue of these having FTE’s at around 800~ rounds. They might have already but I’m not sure. My gun is #6620 so for all I know they could have fixed the issue by now.

I’m only 111 rounds in, no problems yet. I did clean & lubricate before and after shooting. I’ll keep reporting back every time I take it to the range. Usually shoot about 100 - 150 rounds every session.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Put another 159 rounds through the gun today for a total of 270 rounds since I picked it up on Tuesday. No malfunctions as of yet. I’m trying to get to the 750-800 round mark to see if the FTE issues have been resolved or not.

I’m not sure if I should continue to field strip and clean the gun after each range session or leave it alone and only lubricate when necessary, up until the 800-1000 round point. Let me know what y’all think.

Ammo was WWB and Remington, both 115 gr.

59 rounds of WWB at 7 yards. It’s all the WWB I had left since last time, hence the odd number.

390108f9ccc4fd4945509e5130ff2f77.jpg

137aaa5af5ff43a92fdbe0d58e37c81b.jpg

c19cae60bac2fe0b7f8a61677b1bf7b7.jpg

I love the grain on the factory full checkered walnut grips. I’m a sucker for full checkering and wavy grain pattern. Some SA35’s I’ve seen pics of online have straight vertical lines in the grain with no curve to it and it just looks like G10 at that point.

1b8c75a762010b6e463bff97ae9d68fb.jpg

Resting thumb on safety lever is not a comfortable way to shoot this gun. The grip tang digs into the web of your thumb / forefinger.

03bbf006fef955eb46dd6d69a659cba3.jpg

There was some slight finish removed from the right side of the hammer where it might have made contact with the side of the firing pin stop channel on the slide. I’m not sure if it was always there or not but I noticed it after the first outing. It does not seem to have gotten any worse since then.

df1601a41acbd178753888b8f1a64050.jpg

Last edited:

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Put another 159 rounds through the gun today for a total of 270 rounds since I picked it up on Tuesday. No malfunctions as of yet. I’m trying to get to the 750-800 round mark to see if the FTE issues have been resolved or not.

I’m not sure if I should continue to field strip and clean the gun after each range session or leave it alone and only lubricate when necessary, up until the 800-1000 round point. Let me know what y’all think.

Ammo was WWB and Remington, both 115 gr.

59 rounds of WWB at 7 yards. It’s all the WWB I had left since last time, hence the odd number.

390108f9ccc4fd4945509e5130ff2f77.jpg

137aaa5af5ff43a92fdbe0d58e37c81b.jpg

c19cae60bac2fe0b7f8a61677b1bf7b7.jpg

I love the grain on the factory full checkered walnut grips. I’m a sucker for full checkering and wavy grain pattern. Some SA35’s I’ve seen pics of online have straight vertical lines in the grain with no curve to it and it just looks like G10 at that point.

1b8c75a762010b6e463bff97ae9d68fb.jpg

Resting thumb on safety lever is not a comfortable way to shoot this gun. The grip tang digs into the web of your thumb / forefinger.

03bbf006fef955eb46dd6d69a659cba3.jpg

There was some slight finish removed from the right side of the hammer where it might have made contact with the side of the firing pin stop channel on the slide. I’m not sure if it was always there or not but I noticed it after the first outing. It does not seem to have gotten any worse since then.

df1601a41acbd178753888b8f1a64050.jpg

Hey Jak does it have the mag disconnect safety and gritty trigger?

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Hey Jak does it have the mag disconnect safety and gritty trigger?

Springfield opted out of including a magazine disconnect safety and therefore the hammer drops with no mag in it.

I would not describe the trigger as gritty. It’s not a bad pull, actually. It has a hair under 1/8” of pre-travel before you get to a wall, then 1/16” of creep with a clean consistent break. Not the best trigger I’ve ever felt, but very far from the worst. I’d say it’s pretty decent for a non-1911.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    One thing I looked closer at that does bother me but hasn’t caused any issues is this crooked hammer… it’s what caused the finish rub on the hammer at one point, but there’s no adjacent wear on the firing pin stop channel so im not sure that it’s actually contacting still. The hammer drops freely when I work it by hand.

Might send it back to SA or drop it off with my gunsmith after I get closer to the 800 round mark. If the crookedness is due to the hammer / ignition components then that could be an excuse to upgrade to some cylinder & slide parts. If it’s the frame/slide then SA can try and deal with that.

66c361ad3481a0b96ac6cb3d038f9886.jpg

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Something like that wouldn't bother me too much if the gun functions fine. I would still be a little upset since it's a brand new gun.

Yeah I’m only a little bothered but still overall satisfied with it so far. It should be square though, I hope it’s just the hammer and not some major thing like the slide/frame geometry being off.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Is everything lined up on the frame for the hammer? That's afu and Springfield should fix it.

I’m worried they may make it worse. I’ve never sent a faulty gun to SA for warranty and had it come back much better than it was before. My faith in the brand based on past experiences is pretty low, and ironically their gun known for not being reliable is the most reliable Springfield product I’ve ever owned lol (so far) .

CharlieWH2O

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Galveston County
    I’m worried they may make it worse. I’ve never sent a faulty gun to SA for warranty and had it come back much better than it was before. My faith in the brand based on past experiences is pretty low, and ironically their gun known for not being reliable is the most reliable Springfield product I’ve ever owned lol (so far) .
    I've had to send two pistols back to them out of the numerous I have owned. A P938 and EMP 9. I don't recall any issues with customer service or repair. I've never cared for their Tupperware (or anyone else's either) but own two 1911s, a .45 and a 9 now. Both operate flawlessly and are likely more accurate then I am. If the hammer is not fair I would think the only thing they could do is replace the pistol frame. I've had that relief before, albeit not from Springfield.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    is it that way to give the ejector clearance?

i don‘t have any HP saavy

Not sure, I don’t have much HP experience either but I’d imagine it should be straight.

I've had to send two pistols back to them out of the numerous I have owned. A P938 and EMP 9. I don't recall any issues with customer service or repair. I've never cared for their Tupperware (or anyone else's either) but own two 1911s, a .45 and a 9 now. Both operate flawlessly and are likely more accurate then I am. If the hammer is not fair I would think the only thing they could do is replace the pistol frame. I've had that relief before, albeit not from Springfield.

Yeah I’ve only ever heard of good experiences from SA from everyone else. I hope it’s not the frame and is rather the part itself. Nothing on this gun is MIM/cast from my understanding so maybe the pin hole on the hammer was machined off by a **** hair, at least I’m hoping that’s the case.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom