• ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    You won’t buy a Canik?

No sir, I won't. They're fine firearms - I've handled them, haven't shot one, but they point well, they seem well made and well liked, but I won't buy a Turkish made firearm.

But we dont make great affordable firearms.

I'd argue we do. Ruger makes a fine affordable firearm, as does Smith & Wesson. Academy in Tomball is still selling both brands for less than MSRP - the normal Pre-COVID street prices. You could stretch it further - FN pistols are made in Columbia, South Carolina, Beretta has US production facilities in Maryland, Glock is making guns in Smyrna, Georgia. Now, those are three foreign owned companies that happen to make guns in the United States, but they are hecho en USA.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Ruger makes no autos or rifles comparable to what the foreigners make.
    S&W never made a rifle with exception of their AR and I dont believe they actually produce it.

Last edited:

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    I'm thinking of getting one once the introductory demand dies down and reports from end users come in.

Yeah, what Springfield did sucks, but hopefully they learned their lesson. S&W bent over for the Clintons, Bill Ruger and his magazine nonsense... I gave them both a 2nd chance, own several of each, they are doing ok now IMO.

As far as Turk guns... own 2 CZ 75 knockoffs. Was considering a Canik a few years back. But the buffoon running the country was getting stupider so I held back.

After some of his thug supporters beat up protesters here on US soil, that was it for me, no more Turk guns.

US manufacturers get a another chance, furriners, nope. JMO

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Blurb from their site:

"To ensure longevity and strength, the SA-35 features a slide and frame made from rugged forgings, unlike inferior castings."

So what does that say about their cast M1A receivers?

:)

Interesting how nowhere on their site do they actually use the word "Hi Power".

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Ruger makes no autos or rifles comparable to what the foreigners make.
    S&W never made a rifle with exception of their AR and I dont believe they actually produce it.

I'll put any Ruger semi-auto pistol against anything Canik makes as far as quality and reliability go. Canik's TP9 is no more reliable than the SR9 or current Security 9.

The Ruger Precision Rifle, and the American rifles in center fire or rim fire I would put up against any Turkish made rifles as well.

If Turkey sees a major political change maybe I'll revisit my stance, but for now - buying a Turkish gun is supporting a regime that I'd rather see toppled.

Ruger took a drastic turn once Bill Ruger was no longer in control. Same name, but not the same people behind it, nor the same ideals. Same with Smith & Wesson - their shenanigans during the Clinton administration were no doubt because of their foreign owners. The Brits no longer own Smith & Wesson, and it shows. Don't be surprised if Smith comes out with a line of bolt actions, especially precision bolt actions in the next year or two either. They're now producing shotguns (even if they are gimmicky KelTec style shotguns)

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Guess I'll wait a while...
    1635350221784.png

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I'll put any Ruger semi-auto pistol against anything Canik makes as far as quality and reliability go. Canik's TP9 is no more reliable than the SR9 or current Security 9.

The Ruger Precision Rifle, and the American rifles in center fire or rim fire I would put up against any Turkish made rifles as well.

If Turkey sees a major political change maybe I'll revisit my stance, but for now - buying a Turkish gun is supporting a regime that I'd rather see toppled.

Ruger took a drastic turn once Bill Ruger was no longer in control. Same name, but not the same people behind it, nor the same ideals. Same with Smith & Wesson - their shenanigans during the Clinton administration were no doubt because of their foreign owners. The Brits no longer own Smith & Wesson, and it shows. Don't be surprised if Smith comes out with a line of bolt actions, especially precision bolt actions in the next year or two either. They're now producing shotguns (even if they are gimmicky KelTec style shotguns)
    Ruger makes reasonably priced, dependable guns. I wish they had chosen to offer 10 and 20 round magazines for the mini-14 6.8 ranch rifle. Those made by promag aren't near the quality of the 5 round mags from ruger.

Chuckles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    Fort Worth

Haven’t handled or shot a Ruger that I’ve actually enjoyed.

Top Bottom