• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Jason Burton of Heirloom Precision’s findings on it.

d21db28786acb739726411aa6dc1baa3.jpg
    Target Sports

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm really curious to see how their frame mates up with an FM Hi Power Detective slide kit. I also wonder if Springfield has plans to make their own "Detective" or "Commander" style Hi Power.
    I think a lot of that will depend on how well received they are by buyers. If they are selling really well, it's very possible other variations may come at a later date.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I just had a vile thought - these Hi Power clones could be all raced out & sexed up in a way that, if you did it to a genuine, real deal FN or Browning (especially early models, say Mk II or older), you would deserve a severe beating about the head and shoulders at the minimum. I'm talking mag wells, compensators, dot sights, trigger jobs, extended hoozits and whatsits, Micarta grips, blingy finishes, checkered front straps, maybe even lightening cuts in the slide. Gucci the shit out of one just because it's a beater Springfield that will never be a Browning or FN. It'd be like putting fishnets, high heels, and lipstick on your second cousin. :roflfunny:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I just had a vile thought - these Hi Power clones could be all raced out & sexed up in a way that, if you did it to a genuine, real deal FN or Browning (especially early models, say Mk II or older), you would deserve a severe beating about the head and shoulders at the minimum. I'm talking mag wells, compensators, dot sights, trigger jobs, extended hoozits and whatsits, Micarta grips, blingy finishes, checkered front straps, maybe even lightening cuts in the slide. Gucci the shit out of one just because it's a beater Springfield that will never be a Browning or FN. It'd be like putting fishnets, high heels, and lipstick on your second cousin. :roflfunny:

Why not?
    People add this stuff to Glocks every day.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm a sucker for big wondernines. Mid 2019, I was at a gun show in Denver and saw a like new Hi Power MkIII for $750 with all the original trimmings (but one...more on this later). The problem was it was in the hands of a young guy who was telling his friend on his cell phone: "If I put this down to go to the ATM, it could sell before I come back". You can guess what happened within seconds of him putting it down. The only downside was I noticed the second mag was factory but .40 cal. So I asked for a $50 discount given the price of factory mags. In the end...$700 plus tax out the door...the transfer was included.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Garand Thumb review of the SA-35...

Springfield Armory has given us the SA-35! The Springfield Armory SA-35 is a faithful reproduction of the famed Browning Hi Power. And while it does eliminate some of the issues found in the original Hi Power the SA-35 is still none the less suffering from some teething issues. Head into the comments and let us hear your thoughts!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I never know what the hell to think about that guy.

Yeah, Mike Jones is a bit of an odd duck.

I initially thought he was SF, as that describes a lot of SF dudes I've known over the years; but it turns out he was previously a SERE instructor and is currently a TACP. Rumor has it he was commissioned a year or so ago!

1638756765877.png

Still, I find his videos mostly interesting...

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Yeah, Mike Jones is a bit of an odd duck.

I initially thought he was SF, as that describes a lot of SF dudes I've known over the years; but it turns out he was USAF (I think he may have been a TACP)!

Still, I find his videos mostly interesting...

Pretty sure he wasn’t TACP, I would have known him. I’ll ask a good friend of mine who was priory E SERE with a line # for E-7 that commissioned as an ALO in one of the first classes and is a recently graduated ASOS/CC.

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Pretty sure he wasn’t TACP, I would have known him. I’ll ask a good friend of mine who was priory SERE with a line # for E-7 that commissioned as an ALO in one of the first classes and is a recently graduated ASOS/CC.

So, according to two people I know and trust, I am somewhat wrong. Prior service SERE, commissioned ALO a couple years ago. Not yet an O-3.

Top Bottom