Texas SOT

New Starbucks 'request' no guns. Is that effective notice?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    What evidence?

Go google Starbucks corporate reporting.

Starbucks requires their Officers to own a certain amount Starbucks stock in order ensure their officers have a vested interest in the long term interest of the company.

They also have to report how much they do own. And any transaction they make with the stock. It's all public information.

And if you don't think he CEO of a corporation is empowered to make public statements on the behalf of the company well, you're going to need to prove that. It's like saying water isn't wet at 40 degrees. Sure their may be an instant under abnormal conditions. But it's the deviation not the rule.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Go google Starbucks corporate reporting.

Starbucks requires their Officers to own a certain amount Starbucks stock in order ensure their officers have a vested interest in the long term interest of the company.

They also have to report how much they do own. And any transaction they make with the stock. It's all public information.

And if you don't think he CEO of a corporation is empowered to make public statements on the behalf of the company well, you're going to need to prove that. It's like saying water isn't wet at 40 degrees. Sure their may be an instant under abnormal conditions. But it's the deviation not the rule.

Uh, no. Texas 30.06 does not require me to do any of that.

As stated, There is no evidence he owns or has apparent authority for the store across the street from me.

And an open letter on a blog is not valid 30.06 even if he does own them.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Agreed - this has NOTHING to do with the Constitution. It's about the free market and property rights. It's their business, and they are free to make any rules they wish. They can say that only left-handed people can buy there, and that'd be their right.

It's also MY right to decide that their corporate policy runs contrary to MY beliefs/desires of who I do business with, and refuse to continue to patronize them because of that. It's *really* that simple.

What's funny, though, is that his "request" has NO legal standing. NONE. Doesn't mean a thing, other than to prove that he's trying to straddle a fence.....and failing miserably. Anti-gunners consider this a "win". Pro-gunners that will sit down and actually READ what was written and apply a little logical thought will recognize it for the fence-sitting that it is, laugh about it, and decide where to patronize. If this was an OC state and I wanted to go into Starbucks, I'd do it without hesitation with the gun on my hip.

This is in direct consequence to the folks pushing OC here in Texas - they've made Starbucks their central "go-to" headquarters, and because of that, the corporate honcho's felt compelled to respond. IN MY OPINION, this shows the lack of maturity and thought process of those in the OC movement w/regards to this. They'd be better served to keep their demonstrations on public lands and streets, rather than allowing a private enterprise to be forced into the fray against their will.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Uh, no. Texas 30.06 does not require me to do any of that.

As stated, There is no evidence he owns or has apparent authority for the store across the street from me.

And an open letter on a blog is not valid 30.06 even if he does own them.

oh geeze I'm just pointing out this statement is beyond wrong.

Meaningless.

There is no evidence he owns any of the locations or has authority to act for the owners. I bet he does not even have keys to a single location. And as TXI points out, a blog post is not a card or written document.

I do not think it's adequate notification. But for non of the reasons you listed.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Bottom line is, if they make it obvious that they don't want OCing in their establishments, who cares about the legalese? Respect their property and their wishes. Don't OC there.

That actually shows some maturity and respect for others.

Taking the approach that you are going to make them legally kick you out just further damages an already damaged movement.

Top Bottom