• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What we waiting for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    For me to pull my head out and read the thread correctly. You have it already.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSE2fbVyz-dOdSmjXKLabpYGSQp3r8e-xRvAPyP33pV1PReJTYA8w.jpg

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    @pronstar

Reviving this thread instead of starting a new one.

Pronstar, how are you liking your Recce5? I hear it’s one of if not the best 5.56 dedicated suppressors. I was originally leaning towards the new Sierra 5 but they had a bad batch and some are not making it through a single magazine. The Recce has a great price point so it seems you get a lot for your money.

4 years later, what do you think?

Last edited:

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    @pronstar

Pronstar, how are you liking your Recce5? I hear it’s one of if not the best 5.56 dedicated suppressors. I was originally leaning towards the new Sierra 5 but they had a bad batch and some are not making it through a single magazine. The Recce has a great price point so it seems you get a lot for your money.

I’ve been seeing a bunch of those Sierra 5’s imploding on Reddit

NathanRyan923

Tactitard
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2022
    East Texas
    Man she is good looking. I'm building out an AR slowly right now. My new 1-6x comes in tomorrow. After that probably gonna find a suppressor for it. Thinking Surefire so I can use the WarComp. Always thought those were cool as hell.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Umm, no?
    Griffin RECCE5 $600
    Otter Creek Polonium $550
    YHM T2 $500
    MG7k $450
    Just to name few I know of

The MG7k is not QD, neither is the OCL can.

Griffin? Fair point. Easy to make things cheap when you can just steal R&D.

Yhm makes good cans, but not performing to the level of a surefire in flash, tone, or back pressure

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    @pronstar

Sorry for the delay I just saw this…and I was wondering why I’m getting so many recent likes for a years-old thread LOL

The Recce5 doesn’t get a lot of love, but it’s incredibly quiet. I haven’t shot without protection, but if I had to it’s nice to know I’m not going to lose what little hearing I have left.

I would not hesitate to buy another one, or recommend it to friends.

If I didn’t have a preggo wife and an 18 month old, I’d let you check it out at the range. But hall passes aren’t really in the cards for my immediate future.

Keep in mind, it’s pinned and welded. I have no experience with their mounts.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    The MG7k is not QD, neither is the OCL can.

Griffin? Fair point. Easy to make things cheap when you can just steal R&D.

Yhm makes good cans, but not performing to the level of a surefire in flash, tone, or back pressure
    Dude, MG, OCL, YHM, SICO, EA, DA, hell almost EVERYONE these days utilize 1.375x24 mounting. Meaning you can use just about whatever QD setup you want.
    Want to run a high dollar Surefire MD with a YHM?
    No problem!!
    Griffin Taperlock with EA Vox?
    I sure am!!

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Dude, MG, OCL, YHM, SICO, EA, DA, hell almost EVERYONE these days utilize 1.375x24 mounting. Meaning you can use just about whatever QD setup you want.
    Want to run a high dollar Surefire MD with a YHM?
    No problem!!
    Griffin Taperlock with EA Vox?
    I sure am!!
    Alright, good for you. The SF RC2 is still one of the best 5.56 suppressors out there though. Durable, good QD system, good QC, great tone, low flash, low back pressure, little POI shift, and said shift is repeatable.

An OSS or dead air will run about the same

Last edited:

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Alright, good for you. The SF RC2 is still one of the best 5.56 suppressors out there though. Durable, good QD system, good QC, great tone, low flash, low back pressure, little POI shift, and said shift is repeatable.

An OSS or dead air will run about the same
    Lol, I wasn’t trying to convince you.
    I also wasn’t trying to run down Surefire stuff. The more variety the better, I say.
    I am simply trying to let @Orbie know he has options.
    If you really love your Surefire Muzzle device(they do make a good FH), https://bsdfabworkx.com/ makes a mount to adapt it to any 1.375x24 suppressor.
    I have no idea what it cost, though.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Lol, I wasn’t trying to convince you.
    I also wasn’t trying to run down Surefire stuff. The more variety the better, I say.
    I am simply trying to let @Orbie know he has options.
    If you really love your Surefire Muzzle device(they do make a good FH), https://bsdfabworkx.com/ makes a mount to adapt it to any 1.375x24 suppressor.
    I have no idea what it cost, though.
    Interesting. I knew people were cutting up trainers and wardens for that in the past

Top Bottom