• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Sorry for the delay I just saw this…and I was wondering why I’m getting so many recent likes for a years-old thread LOL

The Recce5 doesn’t get a lot of love, but it’s incredibly quiet. I haven’t shot without protection, but if I had to it’s nice to know I’m not going to lose what little hearing I have left.

I would not hesitate to buy another one, or recommend it to friends.

If I didn’t have a preggo wife and an 18 month old, I’d let you check it out at the range. But hall passes aren’t really in the cards for my immediate future.

Keep in mind, it’s pinned and welded. I have no experience with their mounts.
    It’s what I plan to purchase. A friend of mine is buying a rifle I had and once I receive the funds, I will begin my wait.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Alright, good for you. The SF RC2 is still one of the best 5.56 suppressors out there though. Durable, good QD system, good QC, great tone, low flash, low back pressure, little POI shift, and said shift is repeatable.

An OSS or dead air will run about the same
    I’d love to have an RC2 but for less money I can purchase the Recce5 that comes with a mini brake/mount and purchase another stamp. Based on the videos and Db tests I’ve seen, both cans are very similar in flash and noise suppression. Im sure the life of the Surefire is greater but I’d be lucky to be able to shoot 80K-100K rounds.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Sorry for the delay I just saw this…and I was wondering why I’m getting so many recent likes for a years-old thread LOL

The Recce5 doesn’t get a lot of love, but it’s incredibly quiet. I haven’t shot without protection, but if I had to it’s nice to know I’m not going to lose what little hearing I have left.

I would not hesitate to buy another one, or recommend it to friends.

If I didn’t have a preggo wife and an 18 month old, I’d let you check it out at the range. But hall passes aren’t really in the cards for my immediate future.

Keep in mind, it’s pinned and welded. I have no experience with their mounts.
    Just reread this again and almost missed an important part as I’m about to go to bed.

Congratulations on the new addition to the family!

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I’d love to have an RC2 but for less money I can purchase the Recce5 that comes with a mini brake/mount and purchase another stamp. Based on the videos and Db tests I’ve seen, both cans are very similar in flash and noise suppression. Im sure the life of the Surefire is greater but I’d be lucky to be able to shoot 80K-100K rounds.
    The recce 5 is a good can. Especially since Griffin probably just copied KAC.

I don't think the tone of the recce is as nice as the SF, and you'll only see the flash difference between them under NODS, so yeah easy choice if the extra price is hard to justify

Top Bottom