• ...and so much more!
  • Grundy1133

Born on a Monday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    I carry a S&W M&P 40 M1. It was my dad's. If I ever have to use it and if it saves my life and I never get it back I think my dad would've been perfectly okay with that.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I had a brand new Colt 1911A1 confiscated after a DUI in 1978. I got it back a year later, after all the dust settled. It had laid in a DPS officers bottom desk drawer the whole time. To say it was covered in rust is an understatement! I lost money on that one.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Yeah, I knew a neighborhood cop that had quite a collection of firearms of all types. I was friends with his son, and we would go to his house after school. Cops didn't get paid all that much back in those days (mid 1950's) so even back then I wondered how his dad could afford all those guns. Well, as most of you have guessed by now, he got em FREE! He took them from folks he had stopped or arrested. As probably a lot of them had warrants out for them, he would let em go in exchange for their gun. He was caught about five years later, and was fired from the Austin police force. Sure had a bunch of nice guns tho. LOL!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I understand.

Carry a fine, gorgeous pistol/revolver and you then have to defend yourself with it (and ...it's gone or if ever returned won't be in pristine condition)

Pretty simple.

Carry a reliable gun you can lose without having stroke.

If my G19 got confiscated I wouldn't like it, but my BBQ/range beauty, oh man...you won't prevail - it'll either be ruined or never returned.

Carry a reliable, sacrificeable gun.

Carry a fine piece for self defense, it's a gamble I won't take...

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I'm not a Glock fan boy, but I've owned two, a 19 and a 36. They are just ugly ass guns! But if I were gonna buy a new CC pistol today, it would be a Glock 19. They work, every shot! But I'm not buying a new CC pistol today and my Ruger SR-40 will just have to do, and if I have to cap some low life, I'm not gonna be too upset if I don't get it back.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Yeah, I knew a neighborhood cop that had quite a collection of firearms of all types. I was friends with his son, and we would go to his house after school. Cops didn't get paid all that much back in those days (mid 1950's) so even back then I wondered how his dad could afford all those guns. Well, as most of you have guessed by now, he got em FREE! He took them from folks he had stopped or arrested. As probably a lot of them had warrants out for them, he would let em go in exchange for their gun. He was caught about five years later, and was fired from the Austin police force. Sure had a bunch of nice guns tho. LOL!
    That's what they made cheap plastic guns for!

Top Bottom